NCT DREAM: Obstacle

➫ FIRST PERSON POV

FIRST PERSON POV

"Oppa, oppa! I got it!" I shouted, barging into the Dream Dorm without addressing anyone certain as oppa. Mark poked his head out the kitchen counter, putting down the cup he was holding. "What did you get?"

"You got the role?!" Jeno chimed in from his room. I nodded enthusiastically as he ran over to me with wide arms. I bear-hugged him as he slightly lifted me off the floor. "Congratulations!"

I reached the floor as I waved the paper around. Jeno grabbed it from me, reading the note. "You're going to Spain?" His voice cracked as I narrowed my eyes.

"What?" I asked confusedly, walking beside him to see what was written. I may have ran right away to the dorm without reading the whole thing.

"Yeah, it says here you'll be leaving to Spain on September 12, Monday." I squinted my vision at the words that said I would be leaving. I took the envelope that was stapled behind it. A ticket with other traveling things was there.

"What?" I repeated, staring at the ticket. But it wasn't just one ticket, it was two. Mark came over and plucked the tickets out of my hands, reading at the message written on the envelope. "Bring a plus one with you. Our treat."

"Plus one?" I mumbled, taking in the info. Hold up a minute, if I can bring someone else, who will I bring? I mean, I obviously can't bring all of them with me. That would just be burdensome. I looked up from the envelope and at all of them who were staring back at me.

I could tell by their pleading faces that they want to come with me to Spain to film but they were to afraid to ask. There was awkward silent before I broke it, "You figure out who to choose. I'm fine with anybody." I placed the tickets on the counter, sitting on one of the stools.

They left their stares on me and faced each other, "So how do we settle it?"

"A game." And like that, all the stares were again back at me. "A battle? A competition?" I suggested, listing all the things. They perked up at the mention of a competition.

All seven of them were talented in different things so they all have a chance in winning anything. Mark was especially good at rap. Renjun was good at translating languages. Jeno has been acting since he was a child which he still is. Haechan is good at humor and could easy make anyone laugh. Jaemin was the best flirt out of all of us and by far, can kill us with his looks. Chenle was one of the best vocalists and pianists, considering he has been doing that since he was a fetus. And Jisung is clearly Dream's best dancer just by his title, popping, locking and just plain hip-hop, he could do it.

"An obstacle."

•••

And so here I am, sitting down on a chair with blankets and towels thrown on it to make it look like a throne inside the iconic SM dance practice room (the one where Go Up and 1,2,3, was filmed). Infront of me, all seven boys were lined up. And in front of Jeno who was first in line was a six-course obstable.

First course: 4-feet fences that Haechan somehow had. You needed to jump five times over that to pass the next round.

Second course: eating a sour lemon and whistling. Simple, eat a lemon fully, swallow it then whistle.

Third course: slurping burning hot ramyun. I think you can understand by the title.

Fourth course: chugging down freezing-cold ice. Basically keep it inside your cheeks and then swallow after cracking them.

Fifth course: a tunnel. Going under a tunnel whilst crawling is pretty tiring but the end was coming already.

Sixth Course: Tongue twister. Seven tongue twisters awaited them at the end.

Once finishing all the courses, their time will be counted. The one with the shortest amount of time would come to Spain with me.

I don't why they really wanted to go to Spain. There is a chance that we'd almost once travel to Spain if we would a world tour. But yeah, I kinda understand, I mean it is Spain.

Each of the boy went with as much as speed as they had and to be honest, I was surprised with the income.

Jeno — 1.23 minutes
Mark — 1.50 minutes
Jisung — 2.34 minutes
Renjun — 2.54 minutes
Haechan — 2.11 minutes
Jaemin — 1.23 minutes
Chenle — 2.54 minutes

Jaemin and Jeno deadlocked with the time of 1.23. Dang, reverse the order and put it in the third power then that'd be my time.

"How do we solve this then?"

I stood up, "Simple. You'll have another test. But this time it's oral and it's about the members."

They groaned, looking at each other questionably. The rest cheered, gathering into a circle.

•••

New Location: back at the dorm. We were gathered around in the living room. Jeno and Jaemin stayed standing up in front of us. In my hands, I held a total of seven cards.

Both of them were so determined. I smiled softly at them, "Let's start. All you have to do is raise your hand first and you can answer. If you do not within five seconds, the chance goes to your opponent." The both of them nodded firmly.

"Number one," I glanced to my questionnaire cards. "According to Mark, what was his first impression of me when we first met?"

Jaemin raised his hand instantly, "Naive and Idle!"

"Correct." Mark said as I laughed bitterly.

"Next," I clicked my tongue on the roof of my mouth. "Two, in the first dorm arrangement, who was the only one that had their own room?"

"Renjun-hyung!" Jeno shouted, making Jaemin flinch.

"Third, originally, what artist group was supposed to get Chewing Gum as their own?"

"Red Velvet-sunbaenim!" Jeno answered again, pointing at me. "Yes."

"Fourth Question, what was my original position in NCT Dream?"

Instead, Jaemin answered. "Main Rapper, Lead Dancer and Center!"

"Correct!" I applauded, switching my cards. "Fifth, what is Chenle's Korean Name?"

They hesitated before Jaemin shoved his arms to the air, "Hong Jin Rak!"

"Change one letter!" I rushed, shaking my hands frantically. "Jong Jin Rak?" Jeno answered unsurely. I raised a thumbs up as Jaemin dropped to the ground.

"Score is 3-2. Jeno is 3, 2 is Jaemin." Mark implied beside me, holding up 5 fingers in his hands, 3 in one and 2 in another.

"Next, on what day were Haechan and Jisung born on?" Jeno looked up, calculating the days in 2000 and 2002. I gave them a hint. "It's after the day we'll debut."

Jaemin answered frantically, "Thursday!"

"Right! And the last question," I leaned in them closer as they stared at me. "How old will Taeil-oppa be in 2027?"

Jeno, being the guy who hated math, stood frozen, mentally counting. While on the other side Jaemin counted in his fingers.

"33!"

And it was Jaemin who said that.

"Oh, Hyung is gonna be so old!"