NCT DREAM: School Shopping

Author's POV

It was a day after Taeyong's birthday and since the apparent incident happening to Azalea's father. She had visited him every hour of the day beside him and her mother. 

Lucas went back to his training at SM where he would soon debut. You know where.

And with Azalea gone everyday, the boys started to worry over her. Plus, with school approaching, the DREAMies were rushing to get ready. I mean, school's in like 23 days. 

But of course, they didn't go alone. They brought Azalea with them. It took them a few minutes of persuading and dragging in the floor plus Haechan's impatienceness and eyerolls. 

So that leads them to right now where Azalea is being dragged by the only person known to, Haechan. Her arms were both held by Jeno and Jisung.

"Remind me again why we're doing this again?" she said, rolling her eyes. 

"Because you're starting high school now in our department." Jaemin said, gleefully. 

"I'm not gonna be in your batch anyways. Why can't I just transfer to Renjun-oppa and Chenle's school? Atleast, Chenle gonna be with me! I'm also Chinese too, you know." Azalea muttered, attempting to pull her arms from the two men.

"Well, too bad. Plus, SM wouldn't let you. SOPA gives idols their own time." Mark explained.

"And BCMS doesn't?" Renjun shot back. 

"Ah -- no, that's not what I meant!" Mark defended.

"Just be quiet, we're here." Jeno interrupted. 

That's when she realized the beautiful shop. She didn't notice the boys sheepishly dragging her to Kawaii Supplies 99. That was a shop that sold cutesy and pastel school supplies. 

The boys just thought it was one place where Azalea would forget her worries. Plus, it was a trend going around Seoul and everyone badly wanted to visit.

Jeno and Jisung made their grip on her arms lose as she roamed around the shop freely. They followed behind, smiling.

"This is amazing! How did you -- just how?" she turned around, a big smile on her face. 

They all shrugged, "Buy anything you want for school and we'll get it." Jisung said.

"Manager-oppa gave you money, huh?" Azalea crossed her arms cockily.

"Maybe." Chenle replied, holding his wallet up.

She turned around again and went to get her stuff.

•••

After successfully buying her stuff and theirs too, they decided to go out for a treat. 

Renjun looked at Chenle, raising a thumbs up as Chenle nodded. He pulled out his phone and typed some words in. Azalea noticed it but was distracted by Haechan's sudden conversation.

A few minutes later, 3 ladies approached the group. Chenle immediately recognized them, "Mom! Aunties!" 

The rest stood there while Chenle had his own reunion. There was a point where Azalea swore she saw Chenle raising a thumbs up to Renjun. Then, to caught their attention, Mark coughed.

"Oh, Mom, Aunties. I wanna introduce you to my group. Mark, Jaemin, Haechan, Renjun, Jisung, Jeno and Azalea." they bowed individually as their names were said. 

The girl particularly stood out which made Chenle's relatives approach her, playing with her hair. "Azalea, are you Chinese too?"

"Shi, Ayi (Yes, Aunt)." she smiled at them.

"You're so pretty, just like what Chenle had described you as." his mother smiled, putting Azalea's hair out of her face. Chenle rubbed his neck, embarassed. 

"Mom, Aunties, why don't you take Azalea to buy some new clothes. She hasn't gone shopping in a long time." Chenle nudged them as his aunties nodded, walking beside Azalea who shot Chenle a pleading please-don't-leave-me look. He smiled and shooed the 4 girls away. 

"Okay, now that's Azalea's gone, it's time for Plan A." Jaemin said as the boys ran off to god-knows-where.

•••

Meanwhile, Azalea was miserable with Chenle's relatives. Don't get her wrong, she loved them, just not what they made her do; dress up. 

She never liked changing because it was quite tiring and made her feel uncomfortable. 

So now, here she is, in a clothing shop, changing to 50 outfits. His relatives also stuffed her with cake and sweet things that she hated. 

Chenle loves chocolate so they thought she would too; but no. She basically swallowed every food she was given without any knowledge what the heck it was.

In the end, she was carrying 10 bags each on her arm while she pitifully followed Chenle's relatives back to where they were meeting up again. 

Once they saw Azalea, they chuckled at her tired appearance. Mark came and helped her with all she was carrying herself with while Azalea plopped on a chair heavily, closing her eyelids.

"Long day?" Jeno who was beside her, asked with a smile. 

She moved her head to face him, eyes open. "You don't know."

He looked away, laughing lightly. "You and me both, sister."

Azalea looked at him weirdly, "Did Haechan tell you that?" They both laughed at themselves. 

A few minutes later, food arrived and they dug in. Chenle's relatives would constantly ask the members question which the China line would translate, mostly Renjun since he knew the most. 

Then question took Azalea by surprise, "Do you have a boyfriend?" she choked on her food.

The Korea line seemed confused and tugged on Renjun, shaking him for the translation, "She asked if Azalea had a boyfriend."

It was an understatement to say that the boys didn't react neither. 

"No, I'm not allowed to date." she answered simply, continuing to eat.

"Such a sorrow, you and Chenle would've looked good together." This time, she always spit her food out. Both of Chenle and Azalea became frozen and flushed.

The Korea line begged Renjun for a translation while he laughed saltily. Once he told them, emotions showed up on their face; and to say anger and jealousy wasn't one of them would be a lie.

••• 

Once they reached the dorms, the DREAMies knocked out in the living room right away. Azalea being the lowkey mother she is, didn't want to let them sleep on the floor just like that, knowing how tired they were.

So one by one, she dragged them to their rooms. It was quite a struggle, considering how thin she was. The last one was Jisung and let me tell you, that maknae was really getting heavy. 

While dragging him on the floor, she fell down by accident and Jisung sprang up to check if she's okay, but he blew his cover of being asleep. 

Azalea widened her eyes to see him awake like that, she stood up, "You were awake the whole time? All of you?"

Jisung nodded his head, innocently. Getting a how-dare-you look from Azalea and a you-blew-our-cover shout from Haechan's room.

She walked to her room furiously, wiping the sweat off her face. "They made me drag them on the floor when they could've done it themselves."