NCT 127: The Bet (PART 1)

➫ THIRD PERSON POV

THIRD PERSON POV

July 30, 2016. The 127 members had to stay up all night to attend gym matters.

"I'll be at the restroom." Azalea hollered, shutting the door before she goes. The others continue with their business, taking note of what she said.

Mark was looking at himself in the mirror, pulling up his sleeve to show his biceps. His actions caught Haechan's attention as the maknae snickered, "What are you doing, Mark-hyung? Looking at your muscles? I don't think those exist."

Mark slapped his arm with a bitter smile on his face. "Yah!" Haechan laughed uncontrollably, placing himself in front of the mirror. He pulled his long sleeves up to show his, popping out of his force. "That's what you call muscles, hyung."

"Yeah, right." Jaehyun laughed as Haechan rolled his eyes. "You can't impress anyone with that, not even one person."

At the sound of that, Taeil beamed up, a clever idea bouncing around his brain as if an imaginary light bulb flickered above him. "I bet," he started, catching all the boys' eyes. "You can't impress a stranger."

Taeyong stood beside Taeil, slinging his arm around his hyung's shoulder, "Better yet, you can't impress Azalea." They all hummed, challenging themselves.

"Game on." Yuta said.

"I'm out." Winwin uttered, he was the only one uninterested on the topic. Continuing to work out, he didn't want to use Azalea in a bet. Winwin thought that it would hurt her if she'd find out.

"Aw, c'mon, hyung."

"What are you even betting?"

"I don't know, a thousand Korean Won." Jaehyun shrugged, going back to the bars.

"Still, I'm not joining." Winwin said sternly, causing them to groan.

"If you win this bet, hyung, Yuta-hyung will stop annoying you." Mark proposed, earning an irritated "what" from Yuta.

"Fine."

"Fine what?" Azalea entered the room, all the boys going back to their business casually.

"Nothing." Winwin muttered as she eyed them one by one.

•••

Clearing his throat, Yuta approaches his target, wearing the exact thing to get her attention; a sleeveless black shirt. "Aza," he called, Azalea turned her head to Yuta with a hum.

"What do you think of me?"

"E-excuse me?" She stuttered, thinking she misheard. "what I think of you?"

Yuta nodded in anxiousness, gripping his shirt behind his back, she was taken aback at the sudden question. What did she really think of him as?

"Well, I —"

"Hey, hyung! Hey, Leah!" Haechan interrupted, slinging his arm around Yuta's shoulder, not taking his eyes off Azalea.

"Uh, hey?" Azalea replied, making it sound more of a question than a response.

"Hyung, don't you have that thing to do?" Haechan laughed nervously, shoving Yuta away. He took his arm off and rested it around Azalea's waist.

"So, how you doing?" He casually asked, stretching his arms in front of Azalea, trying it not make it obvious. She eyed him weirdly, looking away after.

"I'm good." She muttered, crinkled in suspicion as Haechan continued to stretch in front of her face.

"Yo, Hyuck, I'm gonna take Azalea away." Taeyong chimed in, twirling her around away from him. She was super confused. What was happening?

"You okay?" Taeyong asked in, what seemed to be, insincerity, something Azalea thought she'd never see from him.

"Uhm, been better?" Azalea said, raising her brow slightly.

"I saw and you didn't seem to be enjoying it." He told her, patting her shoulder.

"It?"

"Haechan's lameness." Mark mumbled from the side, casually passing by. Azalea let out a stifled laugh.

"Help me cook?" She nodded, being pulled by Taeyong to the kitchen.

"Kimchi?"

"Kimchi." She grinned, grabbing all the ingredients.

Azalea turns around with a unpleased frown, "You didn't buy groceries, did you?" She crossed her arms as Taeyong turned around with a pleading smile.

"I'll go." Azalea said, exiting the kitchen. She grabbed the keys, shouting. "I'm going grocery shopping!"

"I'll come." Taeil hops down from the couch, walking beside Azalea. "Me too!" Mark wailed, raising his arm.

•••

"Okay, let's see, what do we need?" Azalea thought to herself out loud, pulling out her shopping list. "Hey, we need —" she looks up to find her companions gone.

Before she could look back down, the two boys appear in her side, each pushing a cart. "Why are you bringing two? We aren't shopping for an eternity!" She scolded.

"Then, choose one of us — I mean, one of our carts." Taeil opposed, looking at Azalea with a stern look.

She rolled her eyes, thinking how childish they are. She points to her right, "Mark."

"Yes!" A silent cheer comes from the chosen boy, trailing behind Azalea. He gives Taeil a pathetic sorry-look before laughing to himself.

•••

After coming home, Azalea comes loaded with shopping bags, "Okay, maybe we did shop for an eternity." She admits.

Immediately, Jaehyun comes running to here before any of them could, offering to bring her bags. "Let me carry them for you." For a brief moment, they had an intense eye contact with each other before she handed him the bags with an awkward remark, "Thanks."

Winwin, from the side, rolls his eye as he was about to help Azalea if Jaehyun didn't beat him to it. "Show-off." He muttered.

•••

After eating, they all headed to their bedrooms except for Azalea, who was washing the dishes, and Winwin. 

"Let me." He hollers, moving her gently aside from the sink and getting his hands wet.

"Don't. I can do it." Azalea instructed, pushing him aside too but Winwin didn't budge.

He turned to her, "You were the one who bought groceries, cooked, set the table and now, you're the one who's gonna wash the dishes? You do too much. Rest over there. I'll be able to do it."

She gives in, walking to the couch in a sulky manner. "Fine."

=============

So what do you think?

Who's gonna win the bet?