NCT: Azalea's Perspective (Part 1)

nct's story from azalea's perspective

many of us started our career as part of the predebut group, sm rookies while others weren't part of it like me, for example

many of us started our career as part of the predebut group, sm rookies while others weren't part of it like me, for example. one by one, those who were in sr14b (smrookies for boys) were introduced from 2013 up until 2016.

our company released videos of the sm rookies occasionally, showcasing their talent and skills as they continue to train.

then, on january 27 of 2016, our ceo finally announced his plans for my group in a press conference titled "smtown: new culture technology 2016" at sm's coex artium. nct was described as a group with many future units with no set member limit.

at that time, press speculated for nct to have at least 40 members under its name.

you can check the video out up here:

during our ceo's introduction, we took part as the group's planned members with more to come in the future. in that video, you can see us in white.

during that time, i was not present as i became a secret weapon for the agency and the agency. however, there, you can see the rest of my members. try to spot them.

a series of videos were released the same time after the video announcing our arrival. it served as our group's teasers. in the third and last teaser, one of our members, winwin was showcased.

if you do not know, winwin, who is now part of the nct sub-unit wayv, studied at one of the top three drama academies in china where he studied acting and ranked 10th out of 5419 competitors for acting. he was also enrolled in the communication university of china, another well-known educational school, and also ranked 7th for acting. in bejing dance academy which was another well-rounded school to go to if you were willing to take up dance, winwin won first place in having the best performance in their exam. 

he was our ace, to begin with.

less than three months later, on april 4 of the same year, the first unit was revealed to the public. it was labeled as nct u (u standing for united), which was titled as the main unit of the group. but this sub-unit, nct u, would have two groups, each with different member line-ups, and out of luck, i became one of the first members in nct u.