NCT: Azalea's On-Camera Kiss

Azalea's POV

Today, I was going to film one of my very last scenes with Jihan-oppa on Hwarang

Today, I was going to film one of my very last scenes with Jihan-oppa on Hwarang. It was an amazing opportunity to act and all, and the actors were all very friendly when I met them, I hope I can do this again.

However, the scene that I've only fangirl-ed in the couch was the scene I was going to act out, the scene I never thought I would act out on. I mean, yes, my and Jihan-oppa's characters has a love relationship but I never thought I would have to kiss him.

So, here I am, standing beside a tree, waiting for Banryu, Jihan's character to appear from the gates. I was holding a piece of cloth in my hands that contained Sooyeon's gift for Banryu. You'll what it is. 

I was practically trembling when the director explained to me how I needed to act out the scene. It was quite something. I mean, I have kissed — pecked, actually, some of my members but I had the choice too, this situation was way worse 'cause I couldn't do anything about it. "GO!" the director yelled out of nowhere, shocking me.

The red gates in front of me opened, revealing Banryu, also known as Jihan. When the camera focused on me, I looked down shyly and took a deep breath before smiling to him. He and I had eye contact which felt very uncomfortable because I had to stare at him in the most possible longest time ever. I started walking to the side where he also walked too, just like the director had planned. Hesitantly, I handed him the gift with two hands as he took it with a questioning look.

The camera zoomed in to see what it was as he opened it. Yes, Sooyeon's gift was strands of braided hair, trust me, I don't give those gifts. He looked up to me as I looked at him too, "Since I cannot go with you." I answered his questioning look. 

"If it is too burdensome — " I didn't finish my sentence like planned as Jihan responded, "It is ... not." he shook his head as I mustered a smile, looking down shyly. "Then ... you should go." I told him after a pause. 

I knew this was it. I told myself to calm down mentally before continuing to act. I leaned forward to give him a peck on his cheek, making him widen his eyes. I legit hate myself. This is so cringe-worthy. I avoided eye contact with him before glancing at him with worried, sincere eyes, "Please return safely. I will be waiting." This was gonna be the death of me, seriously.

Feeling awkward, I decided to walk away, about to scold myself and end the scene but something unexpected surprised me. He pulled me by my wrist, turning me around and then, he ... h-he kissed me. Girl, I'm not lying to you when I say I really was shocked, I wasn't acting or anything. This wasn't in the script, was it?

I closed my big eyes after a second, now getting in the acting. He's not a bad kisser but what do I know? I wrapped my arm around his stomach as his grip on my shoulder tightened, leaning more to the kiss. The kiss felt soft but it was definitely insincere, I think?

Finally for the love of God, the kiss ended after years. He pulled away and I could breathe. The staff clapped loudly for us as we did it in one take. I bowed to him as he awkwardly bowed back. Straightening himself up, he turned to me, "It was very nice to work with you, Azalea. And I hope to in the next year. See you soon!" he hugged me before walking off to his next scene, I didn't even get to say anything. 

••• 

Third Person's POV

All the boys gather up in their dorm as Azalea's manager brought them the new episode of Hwarang. Whenever Azalea would get to film, they would get the recent episode as a thanks for filming. Though, Azalea never watches it, the boys anticipate to. It hadn't been released to the public yet so the boys would get to watch it before anyone could and they used it as an opportunity. It also helped the foreign members understand Korean so it was a win-win (get it?)

And when Azalea appears beside a tree, the members gets excited all of the sudden. But as they watch her kiss with her fellow actor, true feelings show and it cannot be hidden, can it? 

What made it worse was that her kiss lasted for like a minute under their burning glares but it was their senior and hyung afterall, someone who was 3 years older than their oldest. Even some stopped watching and left with a dumb reason but they didn't care as their anger was focused on the two who were still kissing.

As if on cue, Azalea enters the dorm, grabbing all eyes. Passing by where they were, she stops in her track when the image of her kissing Jihan was on the TV. She visibly cringes before running off her room, knowing comments of all sorts would be thrown at her. And it did, she was too slow. 

"WHY DID YOU KISS HIM?!"