NCT: Birthday Special, AZALEA!

To Azalea:

•••

It was a cool school night. The members were all fast asleep in their own comfort of their soft lofts. Except one, yes, you guessed it right, Azalea.

Schoolwork was piled up on her table as she held her forehead in frustration. Her lamp light was the only bright source in her dark room. Whimsical breezes made way inside her room, the window glass was up all the way. Some rays of the moonlight stayed in her room.

Math equations and chemistry problems roamed inside the suffocated room of her brain. She wasn't focusing on her work, she's been in that same spot since darkness hit her home country. Lyrics and tunes bounced on her eardrums, mouthing it in a rhythmic pattern.

Out of the sudden, her only light source turned out. She lift her head away from her palm before tracing the wire of her lamp 'til the outlet, spotting nothing but a slight scratch on the wire. With a sigh, she stands out to place herself in front of her door-long mirror.

She took a glance on her wall clock: 11 AM before snatching a hairtie and gathering all her hair into a messy bun. Walking out of her room without a sound, she grabbed a coat, tying the ribbon around her waist tightly hugging her petite, dainty figure.

Her hair trails behind her as she sprints outside, the cool breeze hitting her as she steps outside. Azalea continues to walk to nowhere in particular, just a place her two feet would take her.

No one was around that time even the idols who normally would be, it was a silent night. It was only her and the absence of many others didn't make her seem lonely, she's just alone.

She stops at her last-minute destination, sitting down in front of the twilight view before her. A grin replaces the frown on her face at the beautiful sight of the night life. The stars shimmered above her beautifully in sync, the moon watched Earth high above in the very center.

It was a unique attraction Azalea lived to see. It was one of the many reasons she admired the midnight. The sun and the moon were so unalike to each other. The sun was always up during the day and down during the night while the moon was the opposite, it sometimes would be up during day however. Azalea was just like the moon; she would be up all night even though she didn't get any rest during the day. Still, she shined beautifully below the splendid light of the bright sphere.

Tick-tock, she managed to time it perfectly, "Happy birthday." she said to no one but her own self. The first one to greet you on your birthday would always be a special someone and for Azalea, it was herself.

•••

"What's that smell?" every member wondered, walking to their dining room. Immediately, their faces lit up at the sight of newly cooked pancakes. The scent teased them as it travelled just above their noses.