NCT AZALEA & LUCAS: Story of their Life-Long Friendship

NCT Lucas and Azalea's story of their friendship

These two met way back in 2005, Hong Kong. When Azalea's parents had brought her to Lucas's house to talk with his parents, at first, Azalea dreaded the thought of being the youngest and the only one not part of their conversation. She tried persuading her parents to leave her at home, all alone. But her parents could never to that to their three-year-old who would soon turn four the next month.

After arriving at their house, Azalea was delighted than she had a playmate while the adults where talking. When she met Lucas, they were forced to be friends by their parents. They had no silence nor awkwardness between themselves because the two were naturally loud.

Lucas even almost had a crush on her but shrugged the thought after looking at her like a sister. Later when they were separated from each other since it was almost evening, Azalea left with a genuine smile plastered on her face.

In Lucas' family dinner, his parents had talked about getting them married with each other when they turned legal age. Lucas didn't understand any part of their convo since they used deep words that Lucas was not educated on. Thinking that it was play-marriage, Lucas didn't give any reaction to it.

A few weeks later and meeting up every weekend had become a ritual for the two families and every time they did, Lucas and Azalea had gotten even closer than when they first met.

The day of Azalea's big birthday party had came and Lucas was extremely thrilled for his best friend to become a four-year-old. He was overly excited, jumping around whenever she was around and Azalea being Azalea followed the six-year-old boy.

Many presents was given to her but one present overpowered the others and you guessed it right, Lucas'. It was a plaid dress that Azalea really wanted when they went to the mall together. Up until this day, Azalea still has that very same dress in her bedroom in China, laying around.

By then, Lucas and Azalea were close enough to be called best friends.

And when it was Lucas' birthday, Azalea came wearing the plaid dress he gifted her for her own birthday. She gave him a matching plaid suit that went well with her dress. Lucas liked it, just not loved it. He instead favored a girl named Anxiao's gift was a heart notebook.

Azalea saw how Lucas looked so happy with Anxiao and she couldn't help feel a bit of jealousy rising in her. She wanted to be the girl he'd smile at like he does to Anxiao and so did Lucas but at the time, he was attracted to Anxiao.

She left the birthday party in tears yet Lucas hadn't even notice it because he was distracted with Anxiao.

After that, they hadn't talked for awhile since Azalea begged her parents to leave her at home and give Lucas' parents an excuse that she was sick or whatsoever.

Lucas was upset that Azalea stopped coming. He didn't understand why she didn't wanna see him but he let her have her own privacy because of his mom telling him to leave her alone.

A few years past and the two best friends patched things up. Azalea never mentioned what happened in his birthday party. But they were back to normal and that's what Azalea wanted, normal.

Later on in 2010, Azalea had broken the news to her life-long friend. She had to move to Korea. It was hard doing so because they built such a stable relationship, not letting any tears during their times and Azalea didn't wanna cry in front of him. However, when she told him, the two burst into small tears, hugging each other tightly. They said their farewells and Lucas even said that if fate wants them to meet again, they would.

After six years, the two reunited when Lucas picked her up at the court. After that, they had intense moments and throwbacks. They looked back in photos they had when they were young. And later on, the duo had arguements that would go on for as long as a week. But their members would force them to apologize to each other.

Lucas developed a feeling of romance towards Azalea but he's been trying to hide it ever since he realized it. But let's see if he'll give in.

And in the end of the day, their life-long journey continues on.

"She's my friend, she's my family, she's my everything."
- Lucas

"He's been by my side longer than I can remember, it's my turn to be by his

"He's been by my side longer than I can remember, it's my turn to be by his."

- Azalea