At Edgeworth's House

{Phoenix Wright}
I finally made it to Edgeworth's house, well... mansion. I was amazed by the view that I almost hit the gate to enter. I noticed that you needed to ring a little button. When I did, a voice of a older man answered saying, "yes? Who is this?" I cleared my throat, "Ahem, my name is Phoenix Wright I was invited by Miles Edgeworth." I hear papers being messed with, "Ah yes he's been expecting you... Please do come in, and make yourself at home." He said in a polite manner. I thanked him, and in my head the words, "expecting me" played overs, and overs again in my head. The gates slowly open, and I went on threw. How fancy I thought ignoring my nerves. I drive in to see a beautiful fountain in the middle of the place. Is Miles some sort of king here? I smiled jokingly, even though I knew he's doing really well in the wallet. I parked my car right where the entrance stairs was, and a butler asked for my keys. I handed it to him, and see him drive away in my poor rusty car. When I looked up at the stairs I saw Edgeworth waiting for me patiently. I quickly walked up the stairs trying to get to him without losing a sweat. "Took you long enough," he said, "But im glad you could make it." He greeted me with a charming smile. And he walked me to his kingdom.

A maid came to me to take my coat. She left to hang it up and to quickly walk to the right. We both followed the girl to a dinning room. Wow, this place was beautiful, and really fascinating. "I'm sorry it's not much. I'm not much of the decorator." Edgeworth says, pulling out a chair. "Oh no, this place is gorgeous." Maybe the word gorgeous is a bit to much, but it's the truth, "Thank you, for your compliment Mr.Wright." He moved his hand telling me to take a seat. I smiled at him, "Miles, you don't have to treat me like I'm royalty, I'm fine." I said this because he was trying to treat me like a guest at a fancy restaurant, or something in those lines. He smiles back at me, "Royalty? If you we're expecting something else just move those lips of yours, and spit out." He said walking towards me like earlier in the court. "Uhhh... I mean you could, umm... maybe treat me like a friend instead, of a uhh... A house guest." I laughed nervously. He picked up one of his eyebrows, and smiled once again, "Friend you say? Hmm, as you wish. But it be nice if you sit down for me. The food might be getting cold." He's kinda acting odd. Oh, right... he's in a spell. I slap my forehead when Miles wasn't looking. I took my seat, and Miles took the seat in front of me. The same maid from before brought the food trays, and she remove the tops.

The food on the bowl looked really good, and again beautiful

The food on the bowl looked really good, and again beautiful. "What is this?" I asked. He looks at me, "Oyakodon." Huh? Never heard such a thing. Plus, I haven't eaten all day, so this was a nice treat. I grabbed the chopsticks, and was about to begin eating, but stopped to hear Edgeworth say in a low voice, "Sorry if it's not good. I was the one who cooked it." Oh... oh right he told me he was the one that made it on the phone. I finally took the first bite. I noticed Miles didn't touch anything yet... Instead he just starring at me, he's probably waiting for my reaction. I felt the food in my mouth, the flavor stand out from every chew I did, the way it was cooked, it was warm, and it was surprisingly delicious. I never expected Edgeworth to cook so well, but again it's maybe the spell. "Wow, Miles this is so good!" I take a other bite of the food that was apparently called Oyakodon. I could tell he was shocked by the way he looked at me. He immediately looked away when I noticed, "You... really like it?" He asked, as I catch a hint of red on his face, by my words. "Yeah, its great." He looks at his bowl of food, and takes a bite. "Hmm, I guess you could say so." He's so negative. I shake my head disagreeing, "What do you mean, I guess? I think you have talent. Have you ever cooked before?" Miles stops from eating more of the food, and he looks down at his masterpiece. Well at least I thought so. "Why... yeah I cooked for my dad back then when he was still around, but I quit right after." Oh… I think it was a bad question. I could see Miles have a bit of an upset look on his face, like he didn't enjoy talking about it. "Miles im sorry I didn't mean to-" Edgeworth cuts me off. "No, its fine, really." It was a long dead silence...

We quickly finished the food. And I really enjoyed it. I wish he invite me more like this, so I can try more of his cooking. But it was really up to him. "Thanks Edgeworth, for inviting me." I gave him a smile, and a small wave as a good-bye. When I was going to walk away, I felt Miles warm hand in one of mine. I could feel my face turn red, "Phoenix... wait!"