The drive to the hospital

{Phoenix Wright}
I been here, with Miles talking for a long while. And it seemed to be dark out too. I knew Maya would want me to come back at this time. Since she hated being by herself. "I noticed it's getting late..." I said to Miles as I curl up to him. He was holding me and I felt him nod. "Yeah it is. Let me drop you off then." I smile at him and gave him a kiss. He ruffled my hair and we got off the sofa and headed to the door to leave.

When we did, we saw Gumshoe out of breath. "Pals! Something bad happened!" My happy smile faded as he gave us a serious expression. It's been a long while since I seen him look like that. "WHAT IS IT DETECTIVE!" Miles yelled trying to get a answer. Gumshoe paced back and forth saying, "this is bad, this is bad. I just got a call in... And..." I grabbed Gumshoe by the collar and pulled him close so we made eye contact. "What's wrong!? TELL US!" He finally had the power to say the last words I heard from him that day, "Maya... Maya is at the hospital..." I let go of him in shocked. "Maya... Is at the... Is she... I need to go see her!" I rush towards Miles begging him to take me to go see her. "There is no need to beg me Phoenix. We are on are way." Miles gave me a sweet smile and took my hand to the car. I could see Gumshoe in the corner of my eye breaking down. I wanted to invite him, but I don't think he would want to see her at the moment.

We quickly got in the car, and threw the hole ride I felt worried, I felt scared. What happened to her? I leaned on the window looking out at all the buildings and cars, thinking of her. "Phoenix... You should take it easy... Relax." Miles said with a nice tone. He sounded calm and in the inside I know he was scared too. "What do you think happened?" Miles shrugged. "I'm not sure... But I do know that god will help her with her wounds." I nodded, but what if I lose her. What if he can't help her... I tried not to think about it. But it was hard to resist, the idea.

Maya, gone? My heart tore from the depressed thought... She has to be fine... She has to be safe. She has to survive. For me, and Miles, and everyone around her that loves her dearly. She's strong... She has to stay here. Her feet need to stay standing...