The salary

{Miles Edgeworth}
It was quiet between us after we finished talking about cases we did in the past together. I had to think of something to say, "Hm, the breeze is nice today." Way to go me. Gumshoe laughs and nods in agreement. "Hehe yeah... so anyways, you and your rival huh?" I look away from him with a pouty face. "Uh huh..." He leans forward to see my face, he then gives me a smile when he sees a hint of red. I try to calm myself, but it increased the more I tried to calm down. Geez, I don't think I can get away with anything around him looking like this... "Okay, me and Phoenix are uh, dating..." He gave me a little nudge on my arm saying, "Hehe, I knew something was up between you two." Well DETECTIVE! If you see two people kissing wouldn't that be a little obvious at least? For that I rolled my eyes to the good ol Detective Gumshoe.

"Soooo... Is my salary really going to drop for the fifty-seventh time, Sir?" I can tell he wanted to change the topic about me and Phoenix, and wait... Dose he keep track on how many times I did that? "You see, I keep track by tally marks." He shows me his note pad that we used for are investigations. He grabs his pencil by his ear to add a tally mark, "Uh, my mistake it's actually fifty-eight I forgot to add the one from last time and-" He stopped talking when I snatched the note pad from him and looked at it. Now I know how many times I was the bad guy to Detective Gumshoe. I held out my hand asking him with out saying a word, to give me the pencil he had, he ended up understanding and he gave it to me in nearly in a second.

I then quickly begin to rip the page of the tally marks out of the note pad, and threw it on the floor. "Sir what are you-" I Ssshhh him, and I could see in the corner of my eye the paper flying away to no where. I wrote on the note pad and I gave it back to the detective. He scanned the page I wrote on, and he looked back at me. "Sir..." The page read "Promotions" and one tally mark. "But about my salary going down?" I looked away, "I'm not sure what your talking about, friend. I never heard of your salary dropping in my life." What I meant to say is that I'll try to be less hard on him from now on. And I'm sure he understood what I meant. He gave me the biggest smile I ever seen him ever do, he also was starting to cry tears of joy. He leaned in for a hug and I took a few steps back, "Detective... Please no-" He hugged me anyway. I sighed and I hugged him back. "Thank you Sir! I'll do my best to give you your expectations of me!" We then slowly let go of each other, and my phone started to ring again. "Uh, hell- Sigh, I'm sorry, I got side tracked, and- okay, okay I'm on my way-" I hung up my phone and slipped it away in my pocket. I tilt my head to the direction of the car telling Detective Gumshoe we need to go now. We both smile, and we both head to the car.

(By the way just to let y'all know I also ship Dick Gumshoe and Miles Edgeworth, so I had fun doing this part hehe. ❤ I have so many pictures of them both too. 😄 If any one knows any good fan fics of them two let me know plz. I need to read them. Or maybe I'll write one myself idk we will see 😉)