05 • Class Rep

"Love you, guys, bye." I said after I put my dishes in the sink. I kissed Mom's cheek, then Dad, and finally Minori. I slung my backpack on my shoulder and headed out with Coco.

I left early to surprise Shoto in the morning by walking him to school. When I arrived at his residence, I buzzed for anyone inside. "Oh, hi, (F/n)!" Fuyumi, Shoto's older sister cheered, "Come on in."

I walked through the gate and the long path to the front door. I kept Coco outside, not wanting to dirty the floors of the Todoroki household. Fuyumi and I caught up with one another while we waited for Shoto. Shoto was finishing up his breakfast, neither of us wanted to rush him so we happily waited.

I only really knew Fuyumi and Shoto out of the Todoroki kids. No one mentioned Toya and Natsuo was always at school. But between Fuyumi and Shoto. Fuyumi was definitely the more openly kind-hearted, warmer of the two. Fuyumi is teacher and Shoto and her usually left the house at the same time.

Shoto finally came into view, "What are you doing here?" Shoto asked, directing his question to me.

"An 'Oh my gosh, what a wonderful surprise my best friend in the whole entire world is here' would do." I said causing Fuyumi to laugh. "I'm walking you to school today, Thermostat, so let's get going."

"Okay, okay." Shoto said. He put on his shoes on and we all headed out.

|||

When we were walking into school, there was a mob of people around of the entrance. The press. One signature stood out more than the others. It was ridden with anxiety of all these people questioning him.

I sped up my pace to help him out, "I'm sure you all are just doing your job, but as you can see my friend and I are trying to get to class on time. Alright, goodbye, have a nice day." I grabbed hold of the random guy's hand and walked him further on campus.

They continued to scream questions at us, "How does it feel to have All Might as a teacher?", "That dog! You must be the first blind student! Is U.A catering to your needs?", "Were you accepted on your skill or simply to add more diversity?"

The last question hit a nerve, they were trying to diminishing all the work I did as well as the integrity of my acceptance. I looked back at them, my eyes narrow in a glare, "Excuse me." I said with large amounts of venom and sass in my voice.

Shoto caught up to us, he simply walked straight passed them without saying a word, he was use to this sort of thing. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and spoke quietly to me, "Don't give in to them. You knew this was the type of shitty expectations and assumptions people would make when you joined."

"Yeah, whatever. I'm cool." I said back to Shoto. I turned over to the dude the press was harassing before. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded. "Great!" I cheered, "I'm (L/n) (F/n), you are?" I asked.

"(F/n), that's Koda from our class. He doesn't talk much." Shoto said.

"Sorry, I didn't recognize you. I guess my eyes aren't working today," I said, "But it's nice to officially meet you. We should get going, especially away from these freaks."

Koda went his separate way from Shoto and I. I dropped Coco off in his room and went barefoot. Coco and I shared our fist bump explosion thing before I bid him farewell.

"You know, you don't have to pretend to be all smiley with me." Shoto said.

"I'm not pretending, I'm a very smiley person." I replied.

"What they said got to you. You can't hide that." Shoto said. "You know it's okay to be upset. Just prove them wrong like you did everyone in junior high."