09 • More To Know

"So, Bakugo..." I said trying to make conversation with him while we walked, "Thanks for helping me studying."

"Tch, it wasn't for you," he said, "This upcoming sports festival. I need to win. I'll be the one to come up on top. That's all this is for."

"This hero thing... why is it so important to you? Everyone has their reasons, of course, but you just seem to not care about anything but being number one." I said.

Bakugo's heat signature dropped, "I'm going to be the number one hero that's all you need to know." I understood that but my question is why. He wasn't lying but he was also holding back on me. Since it was something he didn't want to talk about I dropped it.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Whatever," he replied.

We walked in silence. I tried to think of something else to say.

I spoke up, "Hey... even though you don't really care about studying, I'm still thankful and all. I know I make fun at you when I call you a nice guy, but I know you are."

"Don't call me that." He said.

"Fine, I won't. But I'll think it all I want." I said smiling at him.

"Stop it, brat! Don't think it!" He yelled at him in his signature angry voice.

My eyes darted up as if I was thinking really hard about it. Which I was, I was imagining Bakugo with Midoriya's personality.

"Oi," he yelled, he put me in a headlock, "I know you're thinking about it." I laughed in his grip. He was setting off explosives in his palms in anger at my playful demeanor. "You think this is funny, stupid nerd!"

"Haha, get off!" I exclaimed while still laughing.

Akasuki Tamuran put me in a headlock, her lock was so tight it was chocking it me. I tried to fight her off of me but she wouldn't budge. I screamed and fought but no one came to help. In fact, Tamuran's entourage laughed while held me. I felt my consciousness slowly sleeping away from her chock hold. My hands fell off of her and laid limply. Before I passed out Tamuran pushed me to the ground while I gasped heavily for air.

I pushed him off of me forcefully, no longer was I playing. My heart began to race, I was taking deep breaths trying to calm my nerves down, I crossed my arms over my chest.

Coco came over to me and rubbed against my legs in comfort.

Bakugo was now on the ground. He picked himself off, "The hell was that for!"

I didn't respond instead we walked in silence. I didn't want to talk anymore. Bakugo picked up on the changed aura between us. Bakugo wanted to say something but probably didn't know what.

After a few minutes of walking, I finally calmed myself down. I apologized to Bakugo for pushing him.

"Stop apologizing," he whined, "I was the one on you in the first place."

"Yeah, but I overreacted. So it's my fault. I shouldn't have pushed you." I rebutted.

"Do you always do that?" He asked me.

"Do what?" I asked confused at what he was asking.

"Blame yourself for everything?"

I eyes averted to the ground. I didn't want to answer the question.

Bakugo spoke up again, "Well, you shouldn't. I already told you an attitude like that is for the quitters. Are you a quitter?"

"No," I answered quietly.