t w o

based off 4.04
elongated journey into the night

~*~

     "So, you don't feel that at all?" Caitlin asked as she poked the needle into Rae's arm. 

     "It's like you're just pinching me lightly," Rae said taking her gaze to the other woman. 

     "Unbelievable," Caitlin muttered. She carefully removed the needle, the wound closing. Rae stood from her spot, beginning to walk with Caitlin. They passed a scary looking man, the two exchanging a look of concern. He didn't stop them, so they walked on into the cortex. "Why is the scariest person I've ever seen roaming our halls?" 

     "Cisco," Barry and Joe answered at the same time. Caitlin and Rae nodded in understanding, the two walking up next to Iris. 

     "Okay, so I've got the coroner's report for the death of the bus driver, but it doesn't seem like there's any signs of foul play," Iris said with a small frown. Barry and Joe leaned over the monitor to take a look at it as well. 

     "Aside from him being the one guy who could've told us who else was on that bus?" Joe questioned. 

     "They logged his personal effects, let's see... Credit cards, cash, receipts, uh..." Iris trailed off as she kept swiping through photo's. 

     "Wait, go back," Barry spoke. Iris went back to a card that had a Private Investigator's name on it. 

     I owe you $5 for the ride. 10/10/17

     "Ralph Dibny," Barry said looking up at Joe. 

     "I'll be damned," he responded.

     "Who is Ralph Dibny?" Rae asked looking between them. 

     "He used to be a cop," Joe answered. 

     "Dirty cop," Barry followed up. "He got kicked off the force." 

     "For what?" Iris asked. 

     "It's a long story," Joe answered. Iris pulled up his picture on the TV screens, all of them looking at him. 

     "That's him," Barry said taking a small step forward. 

     "Oh. He's handsome, in a square-jawed Oliver Queen kind of way," Iris said leaning against the monitor. 

     "For real?" Barry asked whipping around to face Iris. 

     "Babe, you know I've only got eyes for you," Iris reassured him. The card pulled up over his picture again, Barry turning back to it. 

     "The I.O.U is dated the same day that I came out of the Speed Force," Barry said turning to the monitor again. 

     "You think Dibny was on the bus that day? Maybe he's a meta-human now?" Caitlin questioned. 

     "Not only was Dibny on the bus, he was drunk as a skunk," Rae said with a small laugh. "If he's going to have a power, it would be the ability to pull a beer out of thin air." 

     "Let's pay him a visit," Barry said looking at Joe. Rae watched as they began walking out, going to the smaller monitor across the room. She glanced at Barry and Iris as they were talking quietly, Rae rolling her eyes. They pecked their lips, Barry walking out of the room. 

     "Oliver Queen is hot," Caitlin whispered to Iris, Rae smiling at the comment. 

     "Amen, hallelujah," Iris responded.