s i x

based off 4.06
when harry met harry...

~*~

     Rae walked into Jitters for her morning coffee, stopping when she saw Barry and Ralph waiting in line. 

     "Maybe coffee somewhere else," Rae muttered. Before she could turn around, Ralph spotted her. 

     "Oh! Saturn! Join us!" Ralph said waving her over. She sighed, walking to the two. She smiled up at them, but was mentally angry at herself for always wanting coffee.

     "How come we haven't seen you come in at this time any other day?" Barry asked confused. 

     "Uh, probably because I usually come in at seven instead of eight," Rae said with a small nod. "You know, avoid morning rush." Barry hummed in response, nodding slightly at her statement. 

     "Well, who's paying for my coffee? I left my wallet at home," Ralph announced to the two. 

     "I've done it four times already," Barry grumbled. 

     "I'll get it for you, Barry. But, Ralph, you owe me one. I won't pay for another until I get paid back in coffee or ten dollars," Rae said pointing at him. They approached the counter, Rae going first. "I'll have a Reverse Flash with two shots of espresso." She tuned out Barry and Ralph's orders, handing the cashier her money, Barry handing her his. They walked to the other counter, taking their coffee's and beginning to walk away. 

     "Thanks for paying for me. You're warming up already," Ralph said smiling at Rae. 

     "No, that's not what's happening," Rae said shaking her head slowly. Barry tipped the barista, Ralph taking it out of the jar. Rae put in another dollar, the three walking away.

     "Hey, could you please stop calling me rookie?" Barry complained to Ralph. 

     "Sorry, uh..." Ralph trailed off, watching a woman's ass as she walked past them. Rae his his shoulder, Ralph coughing slightly and turning back around. "Old habit from when I was your superior officer. You know, before you got me fired, ruined my career, destroyed my life..." Ralph continued on with that, Rae rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Crushed my spirit, left me alone without a friend in the world." 

     "Don't forget how I turned you into an amorphous, stretchy blob," Barry added. 

     "Actually, that's the one good thing you've done for me," Ralph inquired. "'Course, you didn't do it on purpose, so you don't get credit." 

     "All three of you, hand over your cash, now!" a guy yelled behind them. They all turned around, a wide smile appearing on Rae's face. 

     "Aw! Derek! Did they drop your case?" she said with a wide smile. 

     "Saturn?" he asked confused. 

     "All muggers and pick pockets know each other here," Rae said smiling at Ralph and Barry. 

     "Nice! Oh, uh, pardon us for one second," Barry said, holding up a finger. They all turned their backs to him, having a small meeting. "Okay, this is perfect. I've been teaching you, right? Muggers are like Superhero 101." 

     "Oh, Ralphie like-y," Ralph stated. 

     "All right, what's your plan?" Barry asked. 

     "Okay, I was thinking about this in the shower this morning: how sweet would it be to turn into a giant slingshot?" Ralph questioned. 

     "That's a weird plan, but okay," Rae said with a small shrug.