t w e n t y - f i v e

based 4.16
run iris, run

~*~

     Everyone was gathered in the cortex as Harry had told them he had a plan to help stop DeVoe. They didn't know exactly what it would be, but Ralph was hoping it was something that wasn't nothing. 

     "This is gonna give us the edge we finally need to be smarter than DeVoe," Harry said rolling one of the whiteboards in front of the other. "Or me to be smarter than DeVoe, actually. Take a look at this." Something else pulled up on a different screen, everyone turning to it. 

     "What is that?" Cisco asked. 

     "This is an intelligence booster. You put this thing on Dibny here, and even he would be able to understand the point source construction. You put it on a real genius, I'll finally be able to out-think the Thinker." 

     "You know what, I'm not sure this thinking cap is the best idea you've ever had," Cisco inquired. 

     "It's an intelligence booster," Harry argued. 

     "Looks like a thinking cap," Cisco replied. 

     "You don't like it, blame yourself. You gave me the idea," Harry said walking to the other side of the screen. 

     "What?" 

     "You're the one that said DeVoe planned all this just like Thawne in order to stop Barry. And you said that DeVoe became the Thinker the same night you became the Flash, so I hacked into security footage of that night to see how he did it," Harry said beginning to type onto the monitor. It pulled up footage from the night of the particle accelerator explosion, showing DeVoe getting struck by lightning with the same thinking cap that Harry had sketched on his head. "This is why he's so smart. DeVoe boosted his intelligence with neurochemical engineering powered by the dark energy from the particle accelerator explosion. And if we build our own, we can do the exact same." 

     "Wait, you wanna blast your brain with 10 billion joules of dark energy?" Barry asked. 

     "I've harnessed energy from the particle accelerator explosion before, and I can do it again," Harry shrugged.

     "Yeah, but, Harry, re-engineering your brain's neurochemistry, that's-" 

     "DeVoe did it. So can I," Harry said interrupting Caitlin. "How many more meta's have to die before we finally stop DeVoe?" 

     "Uh, not-not us. I mean... Right? I say we go for it. Right, guys?" Ralph asked looking around nervously. His eyes landed on Rae who shrugged at him. 

     "What do you think?" Barry asked, looking down at Iris. 

     "I say we explore it," she answered. 

     "I agree," Caitlin spoke. 

     "Ramon? Saturn?" Harry questioned. 

     "No, this is way too risky," Cisco stated. 

     "Of course it's risky, but if we succeed, we will save the lives of the five remaining bus meta's, including two members of our team," Harry said motioning to Ralph and Rae. 

     "You're talking about intense amounts of dark energy going right into your brain, right into that cap, that turned a mac n cheese loving pacifist into a homicidal maniac," Cisco argued with him. "You put that cap on, what's it gonna do to you?" 

     "I've ran the numbers, dozens of times. The math and the chemistry check out. I can do this," Harry answered easily.  

     "I don't think you can," Cisco countered.