e l e v e n

based off 4.10
the trial of the flash

~*~

     "This is exactly what DeVoe wanted. I mean we all played right into his plan, especially me," Barry said looking around the S.T.A.R. Labs team. 

     "Why would DeVoe want to orchestrate all of this?" Iris asked him. 

     "I don't know," Barry answered. "But we know that this started when I was still in the Speed Force." 

     "But why target Dominic?" Joe asked. 

     "Dominic's power must have allowed DeVoe to inhabit his body. We should've been on top of this earlier," Harry said, getting frustrated. 

     "What about the other meta's on the bus?" Rae asked from where she stood. "Why create us? If he's going to do to us what he did to Dominic, then I'm definitely getting as far as I can from that man." 

     "Part of a larger plan?" Harry questioned looking at Barry. He nodded slightly, then rubbed his shoe against the ankle monitor on his other leg. 

     "How are you even here right now, Allen? Aren't you on house arrest?" Ralph asked. 

     "Yeah, well-" 

    "He's at Joe's, actually," Cisco answered. "Either that or the courthouse. I managed to hack into the ankle monitor GPS." 

    "That's not the only thing Cisco hacked," Iris said suddenly. "When you came out of the speed force, you were talking Gibberish at CCPD. You said something about not wanting to kill anyone." 

     "I digitally scrubbed a video. Last thing we want is someone hearing something we don't want them to hear," Cisco said typing into his computer. A video pulled up on the screen of Barry with a beard standing in the middle of a room.

     "Your honor, I'm innocent. I didn't do this. I didn't kill anyone." 

     "Yeah, I mean, I don't remember saying any of that," Barry said turning around slowly. 

     "You don't?" Harry asked confused. 

     "No," Barry answered. 

     "We should look at everything else he said when he first came out of the Speed Force. Might give us a clue," Harry said quickly.

     "That's a good idea," Joe agreed. 

     "Okay, guys, but remember, I mean, considering all the evidence they have against me, this trial is not even gonna last very long," Barry said sadly. 

     "Okay, but with Cecile taking a leave of absence to represent you, you got the best lawyer in town," Caitlin said with a small smile. 

     "I mean, even if they did find you guilty, it's not like any prison can hold you," Cisco said with a slight laugh.

     "Well, I'm not gonna run. I won't be a fugitive. If I'm convicted, I have to go to prison," Barry said with a slight nod. 

     "We're not gonna let that happen," Joe said, sounding as determined as ever. 

     "Right, let's get to work," Harry said. Everyone except Barry and Iris left the room, beginning to work on finding any evidence against DeVoe. Ralph and Rae began walking down the hall, seeing as Ralph had called for a ride that morning. She would've said no, but he played the, 'I know my place is on your way to work' card, so she couldn't refuse at that point.