t w e n t y - s i x

based off 4.16
run iris, run

~*~

     S.T.A.R. Labs was oddly quiet for such a critical time. Rae walked into the cortex to see that no one was there, which made her furrow her eyebrows in concern. She walked to the monitor, pulling up security footage for each room. She saw that everyone was mostly in the training room. She became even more confused, watching as Ralph and Cisco began to walk out of the room at a fast pace. 

     She rewound the footage, seeing Iris running as fast as Barry usually did, but with purple lightning. She closed out of the footage, slightly confused with the whole situation. But, it was late, so she wanted to call it a night. Rae turned and began to walk out of the cortex, pressing the elevator button. She was taken to the dorms, seeing as Barry wasn't really allowing her to leave the place. Of course, she wasn't really protesting anymore. 

     "Hey, Saturn," Ralph called, walking out of his room, shutting the door behind him. She turned to look at him, crossing her arms as Ralph stopped in front of her. "What are you, uh, what are you doing?" 

     "I was gonna call it a night," Rae told him. "Why?" 

     "Oh, I... No reason," Ralph shrugged, beginning to back away slowly. 

     "You sure?" Rae asked, raising an eyebrow at him. "You've got that look on your face where you're about to annoy me." Ralph laughed nervously at her words, still backing up slowly. 

     "Nope, just... going to get a bear claw," he said, nearly reaching the elevator. 

     "Okay, then," Rae nodded. She turned to open her door, hearing the ding of the elevator. Right as the door handle turned, she felt two hands turn her around and press her body against the door. She looked up at Ralph, catching his eyes quickly. They were soft, and he seemed to be wanting to kiss her, but he was standing there. Rae waited for him to do what she knew he wanted to do, but he just kept a firm grip on her waist. 

     "Rae Saturn, do you want to have dinner with me?" Ralph asked, his voice quiet but strong. 

     "Yeah," Rae nodded. "Yes." Ralph just breathed out at her response, then leaned down and kissed her. Rae wrapped her arms around his neck, Ralph pulling her closer to him. He never wanted to let go. 

*****

     Iris had saved people from a burning building, but at the same time, she also injured herself. Thanks to her new speed healing, she was fine, but Caitlin still ran tests per Barry's request. 

     "There's still a little bit of irritation in your lungs from all the smoke you inhaled last night, but you should be good to go soon. And your leg's already healed," Caitlin informed Iris while everyone else was stood in the med lab with them. 

     "Shouldn't have let her go out there," Ralph said. "You weren't ready." 

     "I saved a lot of people last night, Ralph," Iris said coldly. 

     "Yeah, and Cisco had to save you," Ralph persisted. Rae hit his arm, Ralph glaring down at her. 

     "All right, look, we just need to make sure this doesn't happen again. We have to find Matthew Kim and whoever he transferred Eric Fry's powers to," Barry spoke up, veering away from an argument. 

     "How close are you to reversing this?" Harry asked, looking to Caitlin. 

     "I don't know that I can," Caitlin said, a small frown on her face.