s i x t e e n

based off 4.11
t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶o̶n̶g̶a̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶n̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶r̶i̶s̶e̶s̶
NOW NAMED (for story purposes)
the rise of the shadow

~*~

     Rae's leg had healed in a few short hours, but she knew that her knee would be sore for at least a day. She had gotten back into her normal clothes and Cisco said he'd stitch up her suit for her. She walked into the cortex with Caitlin to see that Trickster was on all the computer screens, her face dropping.

     "It's time for the exciting new game show, 'Wheel of Misfortune'. With prizes so amazing you'll think you died!" Trickster announced happily. "And if you play your cards right, you just might. Here's your host, the murderous matriach. Prank!" Prank pushed the curtains back to reveal herself as she and Trickster laughed. "What do we have in store for tonight?"

     "Well, we have chills, thrills, and plenty of kills," Prank cooed. They began laughing again, Rae clenching her fist in anger.

     "These guys are absolutely nuts," Iris stated.

     "So, why don't we meet our first contestants," Prank said stepping back. "Ta-da!" She held up an arm as the curtain rose.

     "Ta-da!" Trickster repeated. The curtain fully pulled back to reveal two people gagged and tied up.

     "Shocking prizes are in store," Prank cheered.

     "Oh, Prank, what about the grand prize?" Trickster asked as they turned to the camera.

     "Oh! Well, I'm so glad you asked," she said happily. She walked onto the stage to a lever as Trickster faded from view. "Because we have an axid shower!" She pulled back a tarp to reveal a Mr. Beebo sitting in a chair.

     "Oh, no!" Beebo said waving his arms.

     "Sorry, Mr. Beebo," Prank frowned. She walked to the lever, pulling it all the way to axid.

     "Beebo loves getting clean!" the toy cheered. The axid then poured down on the toy, it melting in seconds to nothing in the chair. Rae felt her stomach do flips as she stared at the toy, knowing that could be her.

     "Cisco," Iris stated.

     "Triangulating their signal," he told her.

     "We need a special VIP to come down for our special show," Prank said walking to the camera. Everyone looked at Rae, but she kept her eyes on the screen. "So, if you're watching, Shadow, why don't you come on down and spin the wheel? You have one hour or these nice people die."

     "There you are. They're at the old Clarx Toys factory in Lawrence Hills," Cisco said as his computer beeped.

     "Tick-tock, Shadow. Time's a-wasting. So, let's spin that wheel!" Prank cheered. Right as Trickster spun the wheel, the broadcast cut off and the normal screens were there.

     "I'm going to have CCPD create a perimeter a few blocks away so they can't escape," Joe said, turning and walking out.

     "Harry, how are you coming with a solvent for Trickster's axid?" Iris asked looking at him.

     "Well, slowly. Very difficult to neutralize a solvent that hasn't existed until today," Harry said beginning to walk out as well.

     "You've got fifty-nine minutes," Iris told him.

     "All I need is fifty-eight," he said, walking out then, too.

     "Saturn, suit up," Iris told her. Rae looked up at her, Cisco holding out Rae's suit to her.