o n e

~*~

     "And in more important news, The Flash has resurfaced after being gone for six months. He was back in action after capturing two meta-humans, one of them known as a former casino worker: Becky Sharpe." 

     Rae turned the TV down in front of her, turning to the computer again. She was still trying to figure out what had happened the week before, and was coming up short on answers. She knew she had no one to turn to because all her connections were either in prison or dangerous meta-humans now. 

     Little did Rae know, she was one of those meta-humans. She didn't know yet, but she had a small hunch. There was no logical explanation for her walking away from a bullet with no blood or wound. Which meant she had to test her theory. She didn't like the way she would test her theory, but it was the only way. 

     Rae picked up the knife on the counter, taking a deep breath as she prepared herself for what she was about to do. Rae extended an arm, placing the blade of the knife on her skin. She nearly winced at the cold metal, but maintained a calm stance. 

     In one slow stroke, she cut her arm up to the inside of her elbow. As blood poured slowly, the wound sealed itself all the way up from the start of it to the end. Seeing it happen first hand had confirmed Rae's suspicions about what had happened on that bus. She dropped the knife to the ground, taking a few steps back as she processed what she'd just learned about herself. 

     A small knock on the door made Rae look over quickly. She grabbed a rag on the counter, running it under water. She rubbed the excess blood off her arm, throwing the rag through the laundry chute. Rae slid the knife to the other side of the room, watching as it went into the other room. She walked to the door, opening it just a bit to see who was outside. She recognized one of the men to be a detective that had arrested her before, and the other to be a CSI. 

     "Are you arresting me again?" Rae asked in slight fear that they'd say yes. She didn't want to go back to prison. It was horrible there. 

     "No, Miss Saturn, we're not arresting you. We have a few question," Detective Joe West told her. Rae nodded, shutting the door and undoing the chain. She opened it all the way, taking a step back to let them in. The two walked into the room, the CSI, Barry Allen, shutting the door behind himself. 

     "What do you need, Detective?" Rae asked turning to face him. 

     "Miss Saturn, we have reason to believe that you were on the 405 bus about a week ago," Joe said as Barry walked over with him. 

     "I was, I'd just finished my sentence at Iron Heights," Rae said folding her arms. 

     "What do you mean?" Barry asked. 

     "Uh, I'm a former convict. You know, you don't have cause to interrogate me because I've done nothing wrong. And according to this country's fourth amendment-" 

     "That bus was hit with an extreme amount of dark matter. We think that everyone on that bus was turned into a meta-human," Barry explained to her. Rae looked at him, nodding slightly. She didn't want to tell these people of her power. She didn't want them to know she could heal within seconds, it was too dangerous. Given her history with cops. 

     "Okay, well, not everyone," Rae said with a small shrug. "My life's been completely normal, nothing new." 

     "We just want to be sure. My colleague and I would like to take you to S.T.A.R. Labs to make sure whether or not you have powers," Barry said taking a small step towards her.