e i g h t

based off 4.06
when harry met harry...

~*~

     Barry had given Rae the call that they knew where the final piece of the bison necklace was, and that it was on the move. Their job was to protect it from Mina, but they arrived just a little late. Barry sped them each in, the three walking forward slowly.

     "Hello, are you ready to go to jail?" Barry asked as he stepped in front.

     "This doesn't belong in an auction house," Mina said gripping the box in her hand. "It doesn't belong in someone's collection. It belongs to the Sioux people... my people."

     "Mina... I know you've been through a lot, but this is not the way to-"

     "I don't need to listen to men like you anymore, Flash," Mina said, over the inspirational talk. "A few weeks ago, something inside me changed... changed for the better. For the more powerful. And now there's just the Black Bison." The statue behind Barry woke up, throwing him to the ground.

     Mina ran to her car, but Rae turned to Barry first. She began to duel with the statue, and it was winning. She was about to pull out her sword when he swung his own bat, hitting Rae against the pole. She looked up quickly after hitting it, looking to see it was swaying now. Barry was trying to get up off the ground, and Ralph was holding Mina's car back. Power lines began to fall, electricity crackling around the street. The civilians flinched away from it, Rae looking up to see more falling.

     "The power lines!" Barry yelled at Ralph as he was the only one left standing. "Get those people clear!"

     "But I can catch the meta!" Ralph shouted back. The civilians began to run as the pole finally fell to the ground. A little girl tripped and fell to the ground, right where the pole would land. Rae stood as best she could, sprint to the girl and pushing her out of the way. The pole landed on Rae instead, electricity from the power lines striking her. She screamed in pain, falling to the ground unconscious. Barry sprinted over quickly, beginning to pull Rae's body out from under the pole.

     "Saturn?" Barry asked, concerned that she wasn't waking up. Ralph ran up behind Barry, eyes wide at the sight. "Saturn, come on, wake up."

*****

     Caitlin walked out of the medical lab, a frown on her face as she greeted the room.

     "She's going to be okay, but the electric current damaged her brain to the extent that anyone else would've died. She's lucky with the powers she has," Caitlin said looking around the room.

     "How long before she wakes up?" Iris asked.

     "Some time tonight, but she won't be up and walking until tomorrow morning. An injury like this is going to take time," Caitlin frowned. Barry screwed his eyes shut, turning to Ralph who was standing there with his eyes glued to the floor.

     "Look, Ralph, we need to talk," Barry started.

     "Don't," Ralph said holding a finger up to stop him. "Just... Just forget it, okay?" Barry could see the evident tears threatening to leave his eyes as Ralph walked out of the cortex. They all stayed silent for a moment, Caitlin turning and going back into the medical lab. Cisco and Harry went back to Cisco's lab, leaving Barry and Iris.

*****

     Barry slowly opened the door to Ralph's office to see him sitting with his back faced to the door. He slowly closed the door, stepping in further.