t w e n t y - o n e

based off 4.14
subject 9

~*~

     The three had returned to S.T.A.R. Labs to check on what Izzy had done to Barry and Ralph. Rae was fine because of her powers, but whatever Izzy did was still affecting the other two. 

     "You two are lucky. Barry, your ear is almost healed, and Dibny, yours just stretched," Caitlin explained to them. 

     "Well, I still can't hear all that great," Barry said touching his ear lightly. 

    "Consider that a blessing in disguise. Less twang in your future," Ralph told him. 

     "Give it an hour, you'll be fine," Caitlin shrugged. 

     "So, Izzy Bowen can control music," Iris stated. 

     "More like sound waves," Cisco said from beside her. 

     "Soundwave. That's a great name," Ralph said turning to Cisco. 

     "It would be, if it wasn't already taken by a transformer," Cisco snapped. Ralph hummed in response, Iris going back to the matter at hand. 

     "Okay, well, it looks like billions of tiny shrapnel ripped through this," Iris said pulling it up for everyone to see. 

     "Exactly. Sound is just the force of billions of tiny gas molecules colliding into one another," Cisco explained to Iris. 

     "So, if you can harness and amplify kinetic energy, you get-" 

     "Molecular Shrapnel," Caitlin finished for Barry. 

     "Okay, well, we gotta keep searching. If we can't track her down soon, she's gonna fall right into DeVoe's hands." 

     "Speaking of tracking people down," Ralph started, "when's Harry getting back from Earth-2?"

*****

     The team had kept the satellite's going the entire day, and still managed to find nothing. They couldn't seem to locate Izzy Bowen at all, which made them already fear the worst. 

     "Satellite's been running all day, but it's still not picking up any irregular sound variances," Iris told the room. Barry sped in, Iris pushing back the strand of hair that flew in her face. 

     "I checked the city. I can't find her," Barry said looking to Iris.  

     "Babe, you checked the whole city?" Iris asked in disbelief. 

     "Yeah. Look, we have to find her before DeVoe. Her life's on the line," Barry announced to the room. 

     "She had another gig this week. I doubt she'd skip town," Ralph said with a small shrug. Rae's stomach did flips in jealousy that he knew that. 

     "How would Dibny P.I. suggest we find her?" Cisco asked. 

     "Well, since you asked, has anyone checked her web site?" Ralph asked looking around the room. Rae's face grew even more jealous. 

     "'Has anyone checked her web site'," Cisco wheezed out with a laugh. "Dibs, of course we've checked her web site." The room fell silent upon Cisco's words, no one looking to him. "No one has checked her web site? Iris!" 

     "Yeah, I'm-I'm on it!" Iris responded as she clicked through the monitor. "Guys, she's still in town. 'I just picked up the first run of my next single and love the geniuses at Saloon Sounds."