n i n e t e e n

based off 4.13
true colors

~*~

     Caitlin had pulled up two pictures of Warden Wolfe for Ralph to look at while he tried to stretch into his figure. He kept stretching his flesh, his face just becoming longer and looking more like the scream painting.

     "Okay, how's this?" Ralph asked. The three across from him looked at each other, not saying anything yet.

     "You know that painting in 'It', the one that comes to life?" Cisco asked. "It's like that." Caitlin and Rae nodded agreement, Ralph sighing. He shook his head, making it go back to normal.

     "This is impossible," Ralph said getting frustrated. "We might as well gift wrap Barry, hand him to Amunet, and call it a day."

     "No, Ralph, this is not impossible. Your polymerized cells are linked to your thoughts. You should be able to change into anyone you can think of, just like when you squeezed your belly into abs," Caitlin suggested.

     "Okay, uh, first off, I have been working out so this is au naturel now," Ralph said pointing to himself. "And second, that was just some abs. This is an entire person."

     "Look, when I first learned how to vibe, I had to learn how to clear my mind of all other thoughts. You think you can do that?" Cisco asked as he was circling Ralph.

     "Okay, uh, all right, I'll try," Ralph said nervously.

     "Do better than try," Cisco snapped loudly. "Barry's life is in your hands, and we're all counting on you." Cisco patted Ralph's shoulder, making him laugh nervously again.

     "I think what you meant to say was, 'No pressure, Ralphie'," Ralph said looking between the three.

     "Here we go!" Cisco exclaimed.

     "All right, focus," Caitlin said motioning to the monitor with Warden Wolfe on it. "Be Wolfe."

     "Be Wolfe. Big, bad Wolfe," Ralph whispered. He shut his eyes, his flesh beginning to stretch and change color. Once he had changed to the Warden, Caitlin grabbed a mirror and held it up to Ralph. "Oh, wow, sweet, chiseled cheek bones, I did it. Wow, maybe I can save Barry." He stood up from the chair, furrowing his eyebrows. "Oh, uh oh." Ralph fell to the ground, the three stepping away from him. "Uh, a little help?"

     "He's rocking back and forth a bit like a turtle," Rae whispered to Caitlin.

     "Next we need to work on his motor skills," Caitlin said with a small nod. They all nodded in agreement, going back to work.

          *****

     Breaking the deal with Amunet was going as smoothly as they planned. That is until Ralph's skin drooped and he turned back into himself right in front of her. Now, they had no way of saving Barry from Amunet.

     "I mean, there has to be another way," Cisco said in denial.

     "There isn't," Iris confirmed. "There is one card left to play: got to Iron Heights, and stop the deal before it happens."

     "You're talking about fighting Amunet, plus a prison full of armed meta-guards, on their turf," Caitlin said looking at Iris.

     "This is the only option we have left," Iris said. "You guys can do this."

     "Let's go," Cisco said with a small nod. "Saturn, Ralph."

     "Yeah, uh, maybe not this time," Ralph said nervously.