epilogue

~*~

     Barry stood from his spot on the ground, walking to Saturn's body that was laying still. He crouched next to her, clasping his hand over his mouth as he stared at her. He pulled his mask down, sitting down as he had to process what had just happened. 

     "Barry," Iris said, walking into the speed lab. He didn't look back at her, tears streaming down his face as he knew he'd failed her. 

     "I promised her she'd be okay," he said. "She trusted me. Us." He let his head fall into his hands, Caitlin getting up off the ground slowly. Iris walked to Barry, crouching down and rubbing his back. Caitlin stopped next to Barry, crouching down next to Rae. She stopped when she saw her chest rising and falling, making her confused. She placed two fingers to her neck, feeling a low thump. 

     "Guys, she has a pulse," Caitlin said, eyes widening. "She has a pulse, and she's breathing." 

     "What?" Iris asked, eyes wide. 

     "Get her to the medical lab, now," Caitlin commanded. Barry grabbed her, speeding her to the lab. "Stay here and check on Cisco." Iris nodded, Caitlin rushing out of the room. She made it to the medical lab, immediately beginning to run tests.

     She did an MRI, going through as many tests that she could think of. Rae Saturn was not dead, but she wasn't awake either. Caitlin finally finished her tests, hooking Rae up to an IV. Caitlin walked out to the cortex, being greeted with the solemn air. 

     "Hey, Saturn's going to be okay. I don't know how, but... DeVoe didn't get her powers," Caitlin said, all of them looking confused. "I just don't know when she'll wake up. Could be tomorrow, could be a year or two." 

     "But she's okay?" Barry asked, hope in his voice. 

     "She's okay," Caitlin said. He nodded, then looked to Ralph's picture in sadness. 

     "I know this isn't the ending we were expecting, so if anyone wants to talk," Iris started. Barry sped out of S.T.A.R. Labs, barely looking back. 

*based off  the end of 4.23
we are the flash*

     Team Flash had won again. They'd finally bested DeVoe, Ralph coming back to them. He didn't die, either. He was just suppressed. But, he beat DeVoe and took back his own mind. So, Team Flash decided to break the news to him that Saturn wasn't dead. Ralph stood next to her bed, looking down at the tubes connected to her. Ones that kept her hydrated and healthy. He grabbed a chair, sitting next to her and leaning towards her. 

     "Saturn," he whispered, hoping that would wake her up. "It's me, it's Ralph. Can you hear me?" He was hit with silence, expecting it completely. "If you can, I just wanted to say that... I'll be waiting for you. Whenever you decide to come back, I'll be here." He stood, leaning to her and kissing her forehead lightly. He stood completely, then turned and walked to the door. He stopped, looking back at her again. "I'll see you later, Rae." 

-----

stick around for some announcements :)