t w e n t y- f o u r

not based off the show

~*~

     After two weeks of nothing from DeVoe, Team Flash was still trying desperately to find him and a way to stop. They were also trying to locate Rae, but couldn't seem to do that either. She hadn't come back since DeVoe took Izzy's body, and Caitlin could only think it was because of something she saw happen with Ralph and Izzy. 

     That's why Caitlin was sitting in the science lab going through all the footage she could dig up of Ralph and Izzy. She'd reached the last bit of footage, which was when she was patching Izzy up. Caitlin saw herself leave the room, Izzy and Ralph talking for a few seconds. That is until Izzy turned around and the two kissed. 

     "Oh, Saturn," Caitlin mumbled. She paused the footage, making it so she could see into the cortex. Surely enough, Rae was sitting there at the time it happened. The footage played again, Caitlin watching as Rae walked out quickly. Caitlin stopped the footage, closing it and looking to the cortex. She saw Iris sitting there doing some work, but no one else. She walked in quickly, Iris looking up at Caitlin. 

     "Hey, Caitlin. You need something?" Iris asked sitting up. 

     "I think I know why Rae hasn't come back," Caitlin told her quietly. 

     "Oh, why?" Iris asked. "Can we find her?" 

     "I don't know where to find her, but I think it would be better if I showed you why she left," Caitlin said. She walked around the monitor, beginning to pull up the footage she'd found. The two watched it play back, Iris confused with what she was watching. 

     "I don't understand. This is just Ralph and Izzy. Why would this concern Saturn?" Iris asked looking at Caitlin. 

     "No one else knows?" Caitlin asked raising an eyebrow. 

    "Knows what?" Iris asked. 

     "Iris, Saturn likes Ralph. She hasn't been taken by DeVoe, she's just going through heartbreak," Caitlin said motioning to the footage. "We can fix this." 

     "Yeah, but we don't know where she is," Iris said with a small shrug. "We can't help if we can't find." 

     "Has Joe run her name through CCPD? If her address changed like she said, it would have to be in there," Caitlin said crossing her arms. 

     "I'll call him, see what he can do. But until then, we may just have to wait," Iris responded with a frown. Caitlin nodded slowly, returning to the medical lab. Neither Caitlin or Iris, though, knew Ralph had been listening just outside of the 

*****

     Rae shut her car door, glancing up at S.T.A.R. Labs in front of her. She was planning on grabbing her things from the guest quarters, then leaving again. After learning that DeVoe was actually going to kill her, Rae didn't want to face the truth that she might die. Which is why she was doing what she considered herself best at: running from her problems. 

     She got in the elevator, hoping that no one else would be visiting the guest quarters at that time. She really didn't want to make a big fuss about being there, which meant getting in and out without being seen. It was pretty easy considering that S.T.A.R. Labs had little to no security. 

     Rae finally made it to the guest quarters, walking to her room quickly. She began to pull out all the clothes from the drawers, shoving them in the bag she brought. She heard the ding of the elevator, making her head snap to the door. She shut the drawer, throwing her bag under the bed. She dove into the bathroom, hoping that it wasn't Ralph who just got off. But who else would it be?

     Ralph began walking to his room that was next to Rae's, stopping when he saw that her door had been opened a crack. He walked to her room slowly, pushing the door open slowly. He took small steps into the room, looking around confused. He knew she'd never leave her door open, plus it had been closed since she left. 

     "Saturn?" Ralph questioned as he walked around the small room. "I know you're here, you never leave the door open." Rae shut her eyes, hating that he knew her so well. Ralph turned to the bathroom door, placing his hand on the handle. He opened the door, coming face to face with Rae. Before Rae could say anything, Ralph pulled her into him. He wrapped his arms around her smaller figure, happy that she was safe. "I thought he took you, too." 

     Rae didn't respond, but slowly hugged Ralph back. His grip tightened around her body, Rae closing her eyes in content. She let her head rest on his chest, loving the feeling of being held by him. She'd only imagined what this would feel like, and now she was finally getting to experience it. Rae knew then that she couldn't leave.

     As Ralph began to step back, Rae let her arms drop. She lowered her head to avoid the shame of looking at him, but Ralph didn't care. He cradled her head in his hands and leaned down to Rae. He pressed his lips against hers softly, Rae not expecting it at first. She slowly melded into the kiss, her hands finding their way to the back of Ralph's neck. 

    After a few seconds, both of them pulled back. The hot air lingered between them for a moment, Ralph leaning his forehead against Rae's. 

     "Please don't leave," he begged her. "I can't lose you." Rae nodded slightly, looking up at him. 

     "Okay," she told him. "I won't."

*****

     The elevator doors opened to the cortex floor, Ralph giving Rae a small nod. They began walking down the hallway as Rae could hear everyone talking in the cortex. The second that she walked in the door, the first to stop talking was Cisco. 

     "Saturn?" he questioned. Everyone turned to face her now, the girl taking small steps forward. 

     "Where have you been?"Iris asked concerned. 

     "My apartment," Rae told them. "I'm surprised none of you found out where I live, it's the same building as Iris and Barry." They all exchanged a look, seemingly disappointed in themselves. "But I guess I should probably tell you why I was gone for so long." They all nodded for her to continue. "After DeVoe took Izzy's body, I confronted him." 

     "What?!" 

     "Are you crazy?" 

     "Saturn, he could've killed you," Barry said after the small outbursts from Cisco and Harry.

    "Yeah, but he didn't," Rae said with a small nod. "He said that he doesn't need me for his plan, yet. Which means..." Rae turned to Ralph slowly as tears threatened to spill from her eyes.

     "He still needs both of you," Iris whispered. 

    "Yeah," Rae nodded. "And I didn't want to accept it at first. That's why I was gone for so long. But I'm not sure if DeVoe is even telling the truth. He could be lying." 

     "He could," Barry nodded. "That's why we need to be ready for anything." Barry walked to Rae, bringing her into his embrace. After a second, he stepped back, patting her shoulder. "We'll do everything we can, Saturn." 

     "I know you will," she said with a small nod. "Let's just hope everything is enough."

-----

y'ALL
Y'ALL

we reached 1K reads!!!
i'm so happy
thank you to everyone who's
been reading and sticking around
i promise it's worth it

hope you enjoyed!