t e n

based off 4.09
don't run

~*~

     Rae sat in front of the monitor as she picked another shard out of her arm. She placed the final one in the pan Cisco had, then he took it to the medical lab. When he walked back in, Iris storming into the cortex.

     "DeVoe," she stated. "He attacked us on the street. He took Barry."

     "What?" Cisco asked with wide eyes. "Are you kidding me?" Iris noticed the cut healing on Rae's lip, the girl wiping off dried blood.

     "What happened to you?" Iris asked concerned.

     "Amunet Black abducted Caitlin," Rae answered. She pulled her shirt up, seeing another one of Amunet's metal shards.

     "Two people go missing at the same time," Ralph started. "That's quite a coinkie-dink."

     "Yeah, that's a great observation, Captain Obvious," Cisco snapped.

     "Can you set the satellite to look for Caitlin's cryokinetic energy or Barry's speed force signatures?" Harry questioned looking at Iris. Rae pulled out the final shard, clutching her fist in pain.

     "No, no, we've gotta look for both of them," Iris said walking around the monitor. "Cisco, I need you to vibe Barry. I need to know that he's alive." Cisco closed his eyes, placing two hands on his head. He tried to vibe Barry, but he just flew back into the cart and Christmas Tree.

     "Holy poltergeist!" Ralph exclaimed. Iris slid to him, checking on him quickly.

     "Hey, are you okay?" she asked.

     "Yeah, I'm just not gonna be vibing again for awhile," Cisco said rather loudly.

     "What about Allen?" Harry asked from where he was.

     "Wherever he is, I've never experienced anything like it," Cisco admitted. They all looked at each other, now a lot more worried than they were before.

*****

     Harry and Joe went to DeVoe's house to see if Barry would be anywhere there. Cisco, in the meantime, was working on fixing a panel in S.T.A.R. Labs to help the satellite. It ended up just sparking and nearly shocking him.

     "Sark me!" Cisco yelled at the sudden shock.

     "What happened?" Iris asked with wide eyes.

     "Well, the satellite's trying to search for Barry's speed force energy and Caitlin's cryokinetic signature so the bandwidth limiters are overheating," Cisco said, completely frustrated with the situation.

     "Well, that's what you get when you rely on machines rather than a master private eye," Ralph said looking between Cisco and Iris. "I've had a ton of missing person cases. There was this wife once. Turns out she faked her own death. She was just living in Arizona."

     "Are you saying Barry fake his own death and moved to Arizona?" Rae asked raising an eyebrow at Ralph.

     "Well... no," Ralph answered.

     "Well, then shut up," Cisco said annoyed.

     "Oh, boy," Iris muttered. She turned to see Harry walking into the cortex, slight hope filling her. "Tell me you got something."

     "Got nothing," Harry answered coldly. "Searched the DeVoe house thoroughly. It's clean. Your father's gone to check the scene from where Barry was taken."