Chapter fourteen

Luna's pov:
It's the next day and I'm still tired. I shouldn't have spoke to Ashton all night, I barely got any sleep. Thinking about Ashton makes me wonder if he likes me back. If we would make a good couple? If we were compatible? The biggest thought I was having was if I was good enough?

I look at the time and realise if I don't hurry up I'm going to be late. I get into the shower letting the cold water wake me up. I quickly put on an over sized maroon jumper, black leggings and black boots. I put my hair into a messy bun and run downstairs.

I reach the kitchen and grab a piece of toast. I see the girls waiting for me by the door, they're most likely going to be annoyed at me. I'm always late. I can never not be late. It's a habit.

I was about to leave until I hear James call out my name. I turn towards him. "Lu, I don't think you should hang out with that boy. I don't want to see you get hurt," he said with warily eyes.

I roll my eyes. 'I can protect myself and you can't stop me from hanging out with him,' I sign.

"Lu, I know I can't stop you from hanging out with him, but I can't handle seeing you in pain. I know your going to say he won't hurt you, but our lives are different from his. We're in the gang life, it's to dangerous for him. Please just think about what I said," he said. I could see the pain in his eyes. I nod my head and walk over to the girls.

As I was driving to school all I can think about was what James said and he was right. I can't bring Ashton into my life style. I can't do that to him. I came into the decision that I'm going to stay away from him.

*****
I arrive at the school and see Ashton with his friends. His gaze meets mine. He gives me a heart warming smile and waves for me to come over. I look away and link arms with the girls entering the building, but before we do I look back at Ashton and see pain in his eyes. My heart just broke. I wanted to jump into his arms and give him a bear hug, but I can't. I'm doing this to protect him.

Through out the day Ashton has tried to talk to me, but I would just walk away. I have to keep telling myself it's for his own good. He doesn't know what he's getting himself into being involved with me. My life's to dangerous and if people find out I cared about him they'll use him as my weakness and I can't have that.

It was now lunch and me and the girls were just sitting in the cafeteria talking and laughing about old memories. All of a sudden I feel a tap on my shoulder. I slowly turn towards the person and my eyes meet Ashton's hazel eyes.

"Luna, why are you ignoring me? Did I do something wrong?" He asked scratching the back of his neck.

It's so cute how much he cares. I wanted to smile and tell him it wasn't, but instead I kept an emotionless expression not answering him.

"Please Luna! Talk to me. I really like you!" He said softly.

I can't. I can't do this.

"Leave me alone. I don't like you. I didn't realise giving you my number meant you would become so attached to me. I don't do relationships. So leave me the fuck alone," I shouted. I quickly clasped my hands on my mouth and ran out of the cafeteria.

What just happened? I spoke. I spoke for the first time in years...