Chapter twenty six

Today was the day the gangs will finally become allies and I couldn't be more happier. Everything was finally going to plan even though I knew something is going to end up ruining it, but I'm gonna forget about that for now and focus on today because today has to go perfect.

I was about to get ready for the meeting until James called me and the girls. He told us the dragons were ambushed and need backup. Without a second thought I ran to the weapons room and armoured up.

So you guys aren't confused, the dragons are one of our allies and the gang leader is like a brother to me. He helped me through a lot and was one of the only people who didn't treat me differently because I was mute.

He understood me when no one else did and gave me amazing brotherly advice. He was always there for me even when I thought I didn't need anyone. He was there to comfort me, to give me a shoulder to cry one and most of all to make me smile and laugh.

Me, James, the girls and some of the other gang members got into our cars and made away to the shoot out.

When we arrive I jump out of the car and I see Cameron fighting someone, obviously from the other gang, but I swear they look familiar. I shake my head and focus on the fight.

Cameron finishes the guy that he was fighting and his gaze moves towards me. He smiles and I smile back. I was making my way towards him while keeping my gun at hand in case someone tried something, but then I heard a gunshot.

Before I could finish processing what has just happened I see Cameron fall on to the ground with his hand on his chest. I run towards him not caring about my surroundings.

I dropped to my knees next to him and he holds on to my hand slowly closing his eyes. I scream so loud that it causes everyone to stop and look towards me.

As soon as the members of the dragons see their leader dead they put down their guns and look down to the floor like they didn't even care anymore if the opposite side was to go and kill them at any moment.

I look up and look towards the direction Cameron was shot and see Ashton holding a gun in his hand.

No!
It couldn't be!

Tears start streaming down my face and Ashton runs towards me.

"Get away from me!" I say with venom dripping from my voice.

He looks taken back and confusion flashes across his face.

"You killed him! You took my best friend! You took my brother away from me!" I screamed between sobs. I couldn't stop the tears that were falling.

"You ripped him away from me and I couldn't even say goodbye!"

I feel like my heart has just shattered into millions of pieces. I feel like the depressed little girl I used to be. I feel broken. I feel like the world just came crashing down, but most of all I feel like a piece of me had been ripped away.

"Angel..."

"No! Get the fuck away from me! I hate you!" I shouted from the top of my lungs anger building up inside.

James comes up to me and tries to pick me up, but I wouldn't let him. I wanted to stay next to Cameron. I didn't want to believe that he's dead.

James finally manages to move me away from Cameron's body and he hugs me. I just stood there. I didn't feel anything. I was numb.

Over James's shoulder I can see Ashton's gang members as well as Cameron's gang members all looking at me with sympathy.

=======================
Right now I'm in my room sitting by my window just looking outside, my mind replaying everything that just happened, tormenting me over the fact I lost someone who I loved.

All I can think about was that he was gone. That he left right in front of me and I couldn't even do anything, but watch and I'm never going to see him again.

James and the girls would come into my room once in a while to check on me. They would ask if I was okay, but all I did was sit there and stare out of the window.

But I wanted to tell them to say. That I didn't want them to leave me alone, but I couldn't. Whenever I tried to open my mouth, nothing came out. Not even the slightest sound.

I was mute.