02 - the fallen petals, the standing stem, and the cursed demon huntress

"Hmm..?"

The woman fluttered her eyes open slowly, meeting the darkness. A soft voice of clothes rubbing to other woke her from her deep slumber. She instantly deduced that someone was changing their clothes.

She moved slightly in her futon, and brought her hand to her eyes, rubbing the sleepiness off. Her long pale cherry-blossom coloured hair sprawled around her.

"Giyū...?"

The man immediately stopped what he was doing, —which was putting his black yukata he used for sleeping back to the wardrobe, instead, he put it on top of it— before looking to the direction of the voice.

He just finished taking a bath and changed to his black Demon Hunter uniform, his double-patterned haori on his arm.

He proceeded to approach the just woken up woman, kneeling beside her futon. His own futon has gone to its place, indicating him waking up sooner.

"Good morning." The woman looked up at him, giving him a wide, bright smile. She never move from the comfy futon, her rose-coloured blanket over her.

Giyū looked back at her, a small smile formed on his lips, eyes softening upon looking at her cheerful self.

"Morning, Chihiro."

The woman, Chihiro, started to move, trying to sit up. After succeeding on doing so, she looked at the Water Pillar's appearance, noticing his black uniform.

"You're already going? At this hour?"

She looked to the clock on the wall, the hands never stopped moving. Four in the morning.

The room is still dark, the sun hasn't came out from its bed, only a little lamp on the small table at the corner of the room giving them some light to look at each other's appearance.

"...Yeah, the kasugaikarasu just came earlier. It seems like oyakata-sama is calling."

Tomioka Giyū, as always, looked as passive as ever.

Chihiro looked at him for awhile, before moving her gaze to her own hands. She played with it. Her smile fell.

"...I see..."

She looked gloomy, yes, and she failed to hide it.

Guilty crept up to his heart.

Before long, he stand up, proceeding with what he was doing before the woman woke up. Now fully dressed, —with his haori on him— he took his sword, put carefully on its scabbard, putting it on his waist.

The woman looked at everything he did, before he approached her again.

"...I'm going."

A big warm hand came in contact with her head, patting it softly.

She loves this feeling.

Her heart felt as like butterflies fly around, a warm feeling crept up to her now flushed cheeks. It gave her a nice colour of soft-pink. Not too red, yet it decorate her beautiful face so nicely with the right shade of pink. Her plump soft lips can't stop itself from curving to a smile.

But that feeling didn't last for long, as Giyū brought back his hand to his sides, looking at her once again, before turning his body to the direction of the door.

She frowned.

Before he can grab the door, two delicate arms embraced his strong, well-toned torso, feeling of soft flesh pressed against his back.