十四

14 - orders from oyakata-sama

"Tsk."

The Wind Pillar, known as Shinazugawa Sanemi, stepped back, distancing himself from the two obsviously angered women, their katanas still directed dangerously to his neck, both glaring holes at him. If glares can kill, he would not be standing anymore now. Don't mess with women.

Slowly, the Insect Pillar and Love Pillar lower their blades, eyes still observing his every moves with hawk-like gazes.

Not intending to go down, he glared back at them, before turning his heels. "I'm leaving."

"Stop. Oyakata-sama haven't dismissed us."

He halted his step, looking the side. There, stood the stoic, smaller figure of the Mist Pillar. Eyes hazy, yet sharp.

Ignoring him, Sanemi intended to continue to walk, before Ubuyashiki stopped him himself.

"Please wait, Sanemi. Let us finish the meeting first." The Leader of the Demon Hunter Corps said to him softly, a little smile on his kind feature.

He really wanted to leave.

"...Whatever."

The Pillars went back to their place, kneeling down once again. This time, Giyū decided to stay beside Chihiro's side, together with Shinobu on the other side.

The Wind Pillar looked straight to the Blossom Pillar. "Just don't expect me to believe you just because everyone seems to accept you."

Chihiro stayed silent, gaze looking at the ground, feeling of guilt crept up to her, making her feeling more uncomfortable than she already is. Her bangs cast a shadow over her eyes.

While she didn't see, the Water Pillar looked at the Wind Pillar, giving him a silent threat.

They just can't get along, huh?

"So, I want to continue this meeting, is it okay?"

Small acknowledgement left the pillars mouth, gaining Ubuyashiki's nod.

"Kibutsuji's declaration is not something we can ignore. And looking at it, he already made his move."

"The Moon Stone Demon, huh...How flamboyant~" the Sound Pillar opened his mouth.

Sensing her bestfriend tensed up, she looked to her side, her hand unconsciously rub the back of her.

Chihiro looked to her side, meeting a smiling Shinobu, calming her down. In turn, she gave her a small, sad smile. Gratitude filled her.

"Yeah, this is the first time I ever heard about them. This Moon Stone Demon, and Middle Moon. We all know there're only Twelve Moon Demons. So, we can assume that Kibutsuji had another close underlings he can deploy anytime. Tanjirō-kun, if you can."

Upon hearing his name, Tanjirō straightened his body. "Yes!"

After gaining the pillars' attention, he nodded. "I believe this Moon Sto— Middle Moons, are more or less as strong as Upper Moons."

Surprise came to the pillars, dread on their face.

"As strong as Upper Moons, huh..." Cold sweats started to form on their skin, feeling the intensity even from the informations only.

"So, I have a plan."

As Ubuyashiki spoke, the murmur calmed down, letting their leader to speak.

"As of now, we don't have any clues according to this Middle Moons. But, we do have one thing that may or may not help us."

Somehow understanding Ubuyashiki's intent, the Blossom Pillar gulped down her saliva.