05 - the distant memories

Silence dominated the area, the air still and stiff, no one moving from their respective place, frozen still.

All eyes focused on one spot only, not even blinking to water their eyes. Their gaze so wide, can't contemplating and shocked at what just happened.

The only thing audible loud enough was a woman's heavy panting.

Slowly, little by little, hesitate evidence on her action, she pulled both her blades down to her sides. Sweats still sticked to her fair, lovely skin, decorating her flushed cheeks.

She brought her gaze down, bangs covering her eyes, casting a shadow on her, emotions on her eyes hidden completely. Her face devoid of expression, her lips making a thin line.

Why is the sound of the muffled scream... get louder?

Zenitsu's hands, shaking, slowly rise to his ears, covering them, eyes closed tightly. His teeth clenching.

It's unbearable!

"Nezuko!"

Tanjirō's eyes focused on Nezuko, something hitting him hard to realization. How can he forget? It's still afternoon!

He quickly run to his little sister, who still stay still in front of the dancing woman, hugging her with his bigger figure. He rapidly looked up to the horizon, expecting a sun's bright light to meet his gaze.

Instead, the clouds had covered the once clear, blue sky while he's in the middle of his clash with the unknown woman. A sigh of realief escaped his lips, releasing the breath he didn't aware held off.

Clang.

A metallic voice took his attention away from the grey cotton-like thing on the sky, shocked.

The woman in front of him, still lookin down, shook visibly. Confusion overtook the son of the coal-burner.

Her hands, once on her sides, now in front of her body, trembling, a look of pure anger being suppressed painted her face, teeth clenched hard. Her eyes sparkled a bit, the tears on the verge of falling.

The smell of loath and detestation growing stronger by the seconds.

A droplet of water touched her cheek, the liquid following her face's shape, falling from her chin, signaling the start of the rainfall. Gradually, the rain started to get bigger and bigger, not showing any sign to stop any time soon.

The Blossom Pillar felt her opened hands filled with rain, slowly yet surely. Slowly, her face moved upwards, eyes dim. She felt the droplets each touched her skin, the coldness she felt feel so refreshing.

Why is it always on rainy days like this, tragedies happened?

She closed her eyes, still relishing on the feel of the cold substances. Memories of not so long ago, around a year ago to be exact, —yet it felt agonizingly very long for her— came flooding her mind.

"This is where you will meet your demise, demon!" A woman, clad in the black demon hunter's uniform, loosely wearing a pink cherry-blossom patterned kimono on top of it, yelled out to the demon in front of him, eyes fierce. The shining moon on the top of their head the only thing lighting their vision on the dark forest.

"Not so fast, you damn Pillar!" the demon, not giving up took a step back.

"Blood Demon Technique: the Field of Cherry Blossom!"