三十三

33 - the starting point

"Nezuko! Zenitsu! Inosuke! Kanao! Hurry up!"

The burgundy haired demon hunter run with all his might, adrenaline rushed inside his veins. His mind was in jumbled, resulting on him acting without further judgement, rather, basing his action instinct.

"Calm down, Tanjirō!"

Zenitsu run behind his friend, fully cautious with the situation. Occasionally, he peek behind, scanning the area with his yellow orbs, getting more confused each time. "H- Hey, don't you think it's weird that the others don't follow us?"

"They're just cowards who probably cowering in fear! Ignore them!" The man with boar mask answered, unpatiently following Tanjirō on the lead.

Kanao, the one running on the furthest behind, thought the same as the lightning breath user, a sense of danger entered her.

Tanjirō, too occupied with his mind, failed to hear what his friends said, instead focusing on how he can accelerate his speed.

His sister sensed how her big brother was really worried, taking it as a sign to reach their destination as fast as they can. She focused her power on her strong legs, leaping forward, taking the lead over Tanjirō.

"Nezuko!"

"Hnm!" With all her strength she could muster, she dashed off, leaving the demon hunters behind.

Slightly surprised, Tanjirō quickly regain his focus, feeling a little relieved that Nezuko should arrive any time soon.

Giyū-san... Chihiro-san... Please be safe.

He remembered how a kasugaikarasu hurriedly flew towards Ubuyashiki, delivering the surprising news upon them. Taking instant response, Ubuyashiki asked as many demon hunters as possible to go and help the two pillars. The demon hunters quickly grabbed their blades, to go to where the demon supposedly be.

"Tanjirō!"

Finally hearing Zenitsu's voice, he snapped back his neck.

"What?"

Zenitsu sighed, finally getting his attention. "Don't you think it's weird the others don't follow us?"

Tanjirō looked around, surprised.

"...Now that you talk about it..."

"There's where the demon should be!" Kanao voiced her voice louder than usual, her finger pointed at what it seems like a slide door, on an opened state.

Tanjirō put aside his thought to the side for awhile, approaching the opened door.

Upon entering the room, he noticed Nezuko stood in the middle of it, as she silently stared straight to the front.

"Nezuko!"

She turned her head slowly to the voice of her brother, before going back to what she stare at before.

Tanjirō went to her side, confused by her behaviour as he followed her vision. What he saw surprised him to no end, as his pupil get smaller at it. A small, soft humming entered his ear.