十八

18 - I will not allow it

"So that's the story..."

The former Flower Pillar, Sakurajima Kaguya, mumbled to herself, as her finger hold her own chin, deep in thoughts.

"Oyakata-sama was supposed to attend this meeting, but because of his illness just worsen, he is now staying on the other room." the Snake Pillar, Iguro Obanai informed her.

The older woman nodded as response, clearly knowing what illness the demon hunter's leader has.

"I can see why you send all the injured here. And how are they now?"

"They're more or less fully healed now, thanks to the ceremony." With a content smile on her face, the Insect Pillar, Shinobu, reported the conditions of the demon hunters.

Kaguya nodded at her. "Great. We need as many capable fighters as possible. Chihiro, how are you feeling?"

"As of now, I don't feel anything out of ordinary, shishou."

"If you need any rest, please do so."

"Yes."

Confused, Tanjirō decided to ask the Love Pillar, Kanroji, who sit beside him. "Kanroji-san?" he said as quiet as possible.

She looked to her side, a soft smile on her face as her natural blush decorated her face. "Hm?"

"Why did Kaguya-san asked Chihiro-san how she feel? Is she sick or something?"

Kanroji formed an 'o' on her mouth. "Oh, that! Usually, after the ceremony, she used quite a big amount of power. You see, to heal someone or exorcise evil spirits, there is no way you can do it with no form of payment, yes? In this case, she used her spiritual energy. So, she usually feel tired in any kind of form."

"I see..."

Tanjirō looked down, processing the information. I wonder if that have anything to with her being a shrine priestess... I only heard about it from grandmother and dad...

"Dad, what's the purpose of the suzu bells other than as a mean to alarming us of danger?"

Tanjirō asked her father after looking the suzu bells the other villager had put on the trees, to alarm them if anything go pass it.

His father looked at his son kindly. The usual soft smile on his face.

"You see, suzu bells, it is said that ringing them calls kami(god), allowing one to acquire positive power and authority, while repelling evil. It's said that the one putting the power on suzu bells are shrine priestesses. Other than that, they have divine power, can be used for healing or ward evils."

Tanjirō looked up at his father, eyes sparkling.

"They also perform kagura dances, to worship the gods. Just like the Dance of the Fire God."

"Really? Then, dad, are you a priest too?"

His father laugh a little.