十六

16 - the woman under the moonlight

Under the moonlight, right on midnight, everyone's attention were on her, all eyes on her, trying not even to blink a second away. It was as if they were enchanted on a strong magic spell, silence engulfing them. They were all charmed. The wind breeze softly, bringing the sound of gentle, yet strong music to the air, accompanying the sweet scent of the almost-blooming cherry blossoms around them. Their cheeks painted soft pink, as if drunk.

The woman, standing in the center of the stage, the center of their attention, waiting for her to start.

And just right when the melody got to a certain point, she started to move. Elegantly, to the rhythm. Her moves so strong, full of emotions, flowing perfectly with the melody and tunes. Not only that, she also opened her lips, lyrics came out from her throat.

Her hands moved the fans skillfully. Making her dance more complete. Her expressions were so into it. Eyes sparkling as she looked to them.

It was as if a weight lifted off from his back.

The buds, now all blooming, dancing together with her by the wind around her, the cherry blossom petals flying around. Making the view more lovely.

Tanjirō never felt this light-headed before. But, at the same time, a rush of emotion came to him. Sadness, frustration, anger, gratitude, happiness, and more.

Zenitsu had an open-mouth smile on his face, his eyes focused solely on the dancer. The music and song dances on his ears. It was a complete bliss for him. Today, he never felt grateful as ever for his keen sense of hearing, he could listen to it forever.

Inosuke's eyes were planted to the stage, not even blinking. He never felt this calm, yet emotional like this before. His face was painted with confusion, already forgetting his idea to attack the stalls in the bright festival.

The Insect Pillar, together with her tsuguko, Kanao, both have a dreamy-like gaze, as if on their own world, only them and the dancer. One of the thing Shinobu love, is, of course her best friend's dance, that has always managed to calm down her burning anger, soothing her broken heart. Tears started to gather on the corner of her eyes. Kanao would occasionally steal a glance to her side, a happy, content smile on her cherry lips as she looked at a peaceful expression painted her mentor, no, big sister's face.

Beside them, the Love Pillar, Kanroji Mitsuri always had this cheery, happy smile on her face as she stuffed her mouth with sweet dango. While the other pillars looked at the stage calmly, enjoying the performance, even the wild Wind Pillar.

The Water Pillar, eyes not leaving the woman, after awhile, opened his mouth, letting a small voice out.

"It's good to see you're in good health, Kaguya-sama."

The figure behind Tanjirō, previously standing, decided to took a seat behind them. Her posture straight. A smirk came to her face.

"Heh. You too, Sakonji's boy. Thank you for taking care of her."

"...It's.. the least I could do. Please, I don't deserve your gratitude."