03 - the smell of flowers, leading the encounter of fate

The scent of cherry-blossoms were on the air, giving it a fresh breath of spring, season full of blooming flowers.

What a nice smell..

Tanjirō looked around, noticing the almost blooming cherry-blossom trees. Its blossom a very nice pink colour. He breathed in the air deeply, eyes closed.

It's moment like this that make him feel grateful with his good sense of smell. It made him feel like, he truly is still alive. The memory of him facing the Twelve Demon Moons running on his brain.

"The cherry-blossoms here are really nice, Shinobu-san."

The called one looked behind for awhile, not stopping her steps for even a moment, the usual smile still on her face.

"I think so too." Just a simple reply came out from her lips.

Tanjirō's eyes never leaving the buds, an expression of anticipate coloured his face. "I can't wait until it blooms."

Shinobu can't agree more with his statement.

They're almost at the Headquarter, maybe one kilometer from where they currently are.

It's now eleven in the morning, the sun started to go up their head, the heat isn't as strong as it is on summer. Four hours ago, Tanjirō had agreed to his superior's suggestion to first meet this pillar that existence never even be heard until today.

His two friends, the Breath of Lightning user and the boar head, has gone off to the Headquarter first. Both as enthusiastic as Tanjirō. Upon hearing the information of the existence of the tenth pillar, which is a woman, Zenitsu hufted his nose in delight, running off somewhere.

"Great! Another people to challenge!"

The beautiful young man screamed, earning a hard smack from the Mistress of the Butterfly Estate on the back, an annoyed smile can be seen. He, following Zenitsu, wreak havoc and gone in the matter of second.

Tanjirō can only smile at his friends' antics.

"I'm not supposed to tell you about her. But, if it can at least help you out, as a senior, it will be great from me too."

The voice of the Insect Pillar brought him out from his reminiscing moment. He smiled at her reliable back. What a great senior he has.

"Thank you, Shinobu-san."

"Don't mention it."

Before they even realized it, they had arrived at the front door of the Demon Hunter Corps Headquarter. Slowly, they stepped inside.

"Oh, Tanjirō! It's time for you to show up!"

Zenitsu exclaimed loudly upon seeing his friend entered the big headquarter, along with his beautiful superior. His face full of happiness, red decorated his cheeks.

"So-! So-! Now that I have finished helping out in the Headquarter, can I finally meet with this Pillar?" He squirmed on his feet, palms clenching.

"Well.. She should be here by now.. Hmm.. Where would she be.." Shinobu looked around, calculating the pillar's whereabout.

Suddenly, a sweet scent of flowers came in contact with Tanjirō's smell bud. His eyes widened.

Then, as if everything he hear -Zenitsu's excitement rambling, Inosuke's screaming-gone to nothingness, his wide eyes followed the source of the scent, his legs moving on its own. It felt as if petals of flowers guided his path. He can't even felt or heard the confused gazes and calling voices of his friends and superior.