十三

13 - distrust

"Huh...?"

"Tanjirō-kun...?"

The young demon hunter entered the scene, together with his yellow and boar friends, as his little sister reside within her box.

The Pillars widened their eyes at the unexpected guest. Confusion and curiosity filling them.

The Insect Pillar stood up, worry on her face, her eyebrows knitted together.

"Wait, Kamado-kun!? You're supposed to stay at the Butterfly Estate! Agatsuma-kun, and Hashibira too!"

"Calm down, Shinobu."

Ubuyashiki calmed the worried Pillar.

"But- Oyakata-sama-!"

"I'm very sorry, Shinobu-san."

Shinobu looked to the direction of her junior, ready to scold him again, only to be stopped with the determined look plastered on the young boy face.

His face has a serious demeanor on it, yet with swollen eyes accompanying it, sign of crying. Upon looking at it, the Insect Pillar's heart swell a little, sympathy came to her. Tanjirō-kun...

"I have something important that I want to tell with my own mouth."

After a while, she closed her eyes, sighing a little. "Sure. But it better be well enough a reason to justify you coming here despite having serious injuries." She went back to kneel down.

A smile came to the young boy's face upon hearing his superior's words.

He looked to his side, waiting for the permission to speak. Ubuyashiki smiled, encouraging him. He reciprocate with a nod.

"Thank you very much, Oyakata-sama, Shinobu-san."

He squirmed a little at his seat, looking straight to his superiors, the Pillars.

"First, I want to say sorry for interrupting the important Pillar Meeting." He closed his eyes, bowing.

The Pillars gave him an acknowledging look and nod, permitting him to continue. Two of them, the Wind Pillar, Shinazugawa Sanemi, and the Snake Pillar, Iguro Obanai, clearly annoyed by his mere presence, yet holding themselves to hear the 'important' information, while the Mist Pillar, Tokitō Muichirō stared to the sky, looking at nothing in particular. His mind clearly filled with other thing.

"And-"

He suddenly bowed further down, his forehead touching the ground with a loud thud, surprising the present ones.

"I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY FOR I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING FOR RENGOKU-SAN!"

His voice so loud, resonating on the air. The air fell silent.

"Even though I was there, I couldn't do anything!"

Beside him, Zenitsu also bowed down, trembling. "W- We want to say sorry too..."

Suddenly, as fast as he bowed down, he get up. A serious and fiery look on his eyes.

"I- No, we're weak! But we will do our best to get stronger! We will give our all, to slay the demons!"