二十六

26 - the riddle from the demon

The Water Pillar closed his eyes, surrounding his view with darkness, focusing all his senses to nearby detections. Breathing as naturally as he can, he tried to sharpen his senses.

Where is it?

Pulling all the oxygen inside his lungs, he started to get used to the enemy's movement.

Left. Up. Left again. Down. And-

Just as a hand almost touched his shoulder, he snapped his eyes open, slicing it off with his sharp, dark blue katana. "-Behind. You're getting dull with your attacks." The stoic man stated casually, his eyes sharp as ever as the demon stepped back.

A small, degrading laugh leave the throat of the unsightly man-eating demon, leaving bitter taste to the pillar as he unconsciously glared at it.

"Well, who would think that a Pillar would come to the forest, at this time of the day?" The demon, sitting casually on a tree branch, looked down at him with its glasses loosenly stayed on its nose. Its red wings moved so slightly. "It's me."

Giyū stared at the androgynous demon, his suspicion growing bigger and bigger by the second

"Do you think no one will sense you, with you staying so close to a human civilization, especially on the days of festival? And..."

The demon flapped its dragon-like wings, slowly descending from the tree.

"...You feels different."

The pillar's eyes slanted, observing the unusual, bizarre demon. Cold sweats started to form on his skin. He couldn't really identify what he felt currently, leaving him on a state of confusion.

What is this? This feeling... It's... Really strong. Stronger than any demon I've ever faced before. Yet, it doesn't really feel like the twelve demon moons either, it doesn't have any blood lust-

All the more reason to slay him, right here, right now.

It's too dangerous.

In a blink of an eye, Giyū disappeared from where he stood, now in the view of the reddish demon.

Water Breath, Seventh Style.

Using the Breath of Water fastest attack, he could only hope to end this with one strike.

"Piercing Rain Drop!"