十五

15 - on to the sakurajima shrine

It was the usual, calm and serene day at the Butterfly Estate. As if nothing can harm them in any way, the world looked like at peace. The sun's soft ray shines upon them, lighting and warming their day. Protecting them from the man-eating demons.

Except the constant shouts from the kakushis.

"You there! Don't just sit and casually drink tea! Help us!"

Tanjirō, clad in the Estate's white outfit for the patients, almost spit out the tea he currently drinking.

He looked to his back, immediately standing up. "Y- Yes! I'm sorry!" He said loudly, his posture straightened.

As the kakushi gone from his sight, he looked around, trying to find something he can actually help.

From his peripheral visions, he caught something approaching, gaining his attention.

"Tanjirō-san!"

"Aoi-chan? What's wrong?"

The girl, Kanzaki Aoi, wearing her usual attire of black Demon Hunter's uniform and white blouse on top it, stop abruptly in front of him, panting as she finally came to a stop.

Patiently waiting for her to calm down, Tanjirō looked down at the smaller figure, confusion on his features.

"Shinobu-san wants you to meet her immediately."

He slowly opened the slide door, peeking inside, recognizing the people inside.

Zenitsu, hearing Tanjirō's usual kind, gentle voice with his keen hearing, looked at his direction, his face brightened. "Oh! Tanjirō!"

The boy smiled, proceeding to walked inside, joining them. He noticed all of them were on their uniforms already, confusing him.

"Huh? Shinobu-san? Aren't we going to depart tonight?"

The Insect Pillar looked at him. "We finished the preparation faster than expected, so we might as well depart as soon as possible." She explained  a soft smile on her. "You go change as well." She continued, letting Tanjirō to go change.

The said boy brightened up, you could sense the sun on him.

"Yes!" He said eagerly, immediately bowed down, before leaving to change his clothes.

It has been six days since the dreary pillar meetings. Six days since the dead of the beloved Flame Pillar.

Sadness still remains inside them, no doubt about that.

Forcing themselves, they move forward, preparing themselves for the worst.

Midnight, they're supposed to attend the Sanno Festival, one of the three major festival in Japan, being held in one of the largest shrine in Japan, Sakurajima Shrine. It's located west to the imperial capital.

These days, the Butterfly Estate have been so busy transporting the injured to the shrine, today almost finished.

Tanjirō, himself, had gone to the Rengoku household, giving the Flame Pillar's last words to his little brother, Senjurō, and father. He have been exhanging letters with Senjurō on the past days.

Since the declaration from the so called Moon Stone Demon, the activities of the demons has increased greatly. The numbers of the injured had also increased in amounts as the result.

Tanjirō gripped his black uniform, his teeths gritted. The frustration came back to him. I... Have to get stronger!

As he was on his way back to the main hall, where the others has gathered, he looked up to the brught blue, clear sky. His gaze lingering there for awhile, his dark crimson eyes sparkled.