十一

Chapter 十 marked the end of the introduction arc, the Hidden Pillar Arc.

11 - the sakurajima household arc: middle moon four, ibaraki dōji

the first part is based on kimetsu no yaiba: chapter 63-65's pieces. you can skip to the second half if you want

Why?

Why would one of the Twelve Demon Moons here, right now?

Tanjirō, sprawled on the ground tried his best to get up to no avail, the wounds and exhaustion after defeating the Lower Moon One got the best of him. Leaving him limply laid on the ground.

Upper Moon... Three...

He squinted his eyes, trying his best to figure out the Demon, clearly stronger than any he ever faced before. The air thick with intensity, his body felt heavy. His eyes scanned a man with muscular body with short pink hair. Stripes painted all over his body.

On his eyes written the letter: Upper Moon Three.

The aura around his body was enough to let any demon hunters trembled, no exception, even to the Pillars. The pressure left Tanjirō frozen in place.

"Flames Breath: Second Style, Ascending Blazing Sky!"

Tanjirō can't believed what he just saw.

The Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyōjurō used his breath, slicing the hand of the upper moon demon, preventing his punch over Tanjirō. The demon stepped back, distancing himself as he regenerate in a flash.

Tanjirō, still shocked, his eyes wide. The movement of the upper moon and the pillar were so fast, his eyes couldn't even wish to follow it.

"Nice blade."

The demon slowly ran his tongue on his hand, once sliced by Kyōjurō, now not even a trace left.

The Pillar looked as if he was in deep thought. "...I can't understand why you're targeting a wounded person."

"I just thought he will get in the way because he is weak."

The exchange goes on, even with the demon, Akaza, he calls himself, asking the Flame Pillar if he wanted to become a demon. To be exact, inviting him over to their side.

"Kyōjurō, I will tell you why you aren't crossing the supreme territory."

Akaza brought his hand up, his index finger pointed to the Pillar. "Because you're human. Because you'll grow old, you will die."

The Flamen Pillar looked at him, not budging a slightest.

"Become a demon, Kyōjurō. If you do, you can continue to train, for one hundred years, even two hundreds. You will get stronger."

As the demon continue to talk, Tanjirō struggled to get up, his mind in panic.

"I have to back him up!"

He continued to struggle, searching for his black katana along the way.

"Growing old and dying... is the beauty of the fleeting creature called human being. Because they grow old, because they die.. They are tremendous, lovable.. and precious. What they call strength, isn't a word they use in regard of the body." The Pillar opened his throat, voicing his thought.

"This boy isn't weak, don't insult him."

The young demon hunter came to a halt, his eyes widened, slowly looking up to the back of the Flame Pillar. Admiration on his dark crimson orbs.