二十

20 - giyū and tanjirō

Panic overcame his features, as he started to fidget under the pillar's grasp.

W- What should I do!?

Being on the side of people who cry, he is always the one comforted, making him lose his composure.

I never comfort a woman before! In fact, I only ever comforted Inosuke!

He closed his eyes, trying to find how he can calm the older woman down.

An image of the very familiar face came to his mind, smiling warmly at him. You can do it, Zenitsu!

Tanjirō...

He furrowed his eyebrows, a determined expression finally changed the panicked one.

That's right... Why is it that I reach out to her in the first place?

"...S- Sakurajima-san, please calm down." The lightning breath user finally spoke out, using his courage, even though the nervousness was still there.

She didn't respond, only weeps came from her.

Zenitsu lowered his face, looking straight to the Blossom Pillar.

"Sakurajima-san... You can tell me everything. I'm afraid I can't be of any help, but, if it can help let go some of your weight—"

A chuckle left her throat, stopping him. Slowly, she faced upwards, looking at his panicked state.

"My, my, you remind me a lot of Shin-chan."

"Eh? Shi- Shinobu-san?"

While tears still on her face, a small smile formed on her lips. "Yeah, your behaviour changed drastically when panicked and confused. Just like Shin-chan. Well, she rarely did, though. She is always so composed."

Ah, the scream... Calmed down...

A relief smile formed on his lips, as a sigh left his throat.

"Fufu, very well. I will tell you what happened between me and Giyū. Mind you, only Shin-chan and Mitsu-chan know about this. The others only know a little."

"Giyū-san!"

The said man continued to walk, not bothering to looked back.

"Wait, Giyū-san!"

The burgundy haired young man ran to him, finally catching up to him as the Water Pillar stopped on his track.

"Do you need something?"

Tanjirō bowed a little, trying to catch his breath as the older man waited for him patiently.

Finally calmed down, the young demon hunter stood straight in front of his superior, a serious look on his face. "What happened between you and Chihiro-san?"

His dark blue eyes sharp, almost glaring, the said pillar looked at him for awhile, before walking off. "...It's none of your business."

Tanjirō instantly moved his hand, grabbing the pillar's haori. "No, it's certainly my business!"