Chapter 7: Maths Doesn't MatHer

This faithful day, Tae and Jungkook have a plus test. They are opposites at the moment, Taehyung is quite confident while Jungkook is a nervous wreck.

When they arrived, Tae wished Kook luck and hugged him, noticing how nervous he is. "I can't do it, Tae, I'm stupiiiiiid." Taehyung shook his head, "Believe in yourself! You're really smart, try your best." Jungkook smiled and hugged him back. "You're the best!" Taehyung smiled widely, ruffling his hyungs hair. "So are you~"

 Jungkook failed the test, as much as he tried, the nerves got to him, and he couldn't but make a few silly mistakes which lead to many lost marks. The most heartbreaking thing was the one thing he was really worried about, was disappointing Taehyung.

Jungkook feebly walked to Taehyung, gulping, "Hey...Tae?" Taehyung looked up, patting the spot near him, "Yeah, hyung?" 

Jungkook accepted the offer and sat near Taehyung who raised an eyebrow when Jungkook played with his fingers nervously. "What happened, hyung?" A choked sob came out, "I failed..I'm so sorry, I disappointed you." 

Jungkook soon broke down, "I-I tried doing good but my brain failed me.." Taehyung's gaze softened and he frowned, "Kookie..its okay! As long as you tried your best. Come here." Taehyung opened his arms, soon embracing Jungkook. The brunet patted his back, "You're okay, Kookie, you're okay. And Maths doesn't MATHer anyways." Jungkook sniffled and laughed, "You're so lame, that joke sucked but...thank you. So much.." 

"No problem, hyung."

Taehyung noted that seeing Jungkook upset, is a heartwrenching sight. For him at least.

And Jungkook noted that, even though his parents were utterly disappointed and shouted at him for a long time, Taehyung's opinion mattered more.
---------------------
Thanks for the support from NoWayX10 and MoonIsComing