Chapter 10: Accidents Happen

Childhood is a stage filled with accidents, falling off swings, running and tripping, doing the stupidest things and even thinking something isn't dangerous when it could get you in sheer trouble.

Jungkook was no stranger to pain, he's fallen off a slide, almost broken his hand on the monkey bars, bumped straight into a wall while teasing Taehyung about being faster, and he's cut his lip all thanks to a fall.

Where did all those happen?

The playground.

The playground is a danger zone, kids fighting over who goes first on literally everything, legs kicking around while swinging, toddlers running across that battlefield not knowing they should avoid the flying limbs, those kids trying to take over the playground (usually the ones who get beat to a pulp.) and terrors like kids playing catch and crashing into each other.

Today, Jungkook was a victim of one of these brutal attacks.

Taehyung stuck out his tongue, "Bet you can't catch me!" Jungkook raised a brow, crossing his arms in utter determination and defiance, "Oh yeah?" The brunet smirked, "Oh yeah."

The younger set off, his sneakers hitting the pebbles and making them abort their mission to stay still, skidding to different directions and joining the dust being kicked upwards as well, fresh air hit him like a truck, his chestnut hair hopping up and down, a smile decorating his beautiful features, the wind pushing him backwards but his force and his euphoria propelling him.

And Jungkook stared.
He stared for quite a while.
His lips parted.
And his eyes slightly lidded.
His hands at his sides.
His breaths shallow.
His cheeks crimson.
And his heart beating faster than usual.

"Jungkook, what are you doing, sweetheart?" That's when reality slapped him in the face, his mothers voice echoed in his mind and he finally realised where he was and what he was doing. "O-oh, u-uh, I...I zoned out!"

Jungkook finally started running, a pace that was extremely rushed, he could see his best friend, but he was quite far away.

When the ravenette finally started catching up, a girl, around his age, he could tell she was from their school, ran forwards as speedily as she could, scurrying to stand there innocently. A soft grin adorned her pretty features, she had thin lips and super dark eyes, her nose petite and her hair in pigtails, she was also pale as paper.

Jungkook thought she was cheering him on. It suddenly dawned on him. She definitely wasn't. But it was too late. A foot was in his way and before he could hit the breaks, he tripped on it, his frail wrist trying to keep his body unharmed, while it definitely did keep his body safe and all okay, the young boy felt a sharp pain shoot it's way around his bone.

A yelp absconded his rosy lips, the girl simply smirking and looking at Taehyung who suddenly stopped and turned around.

"Jungkook!"

The ebony haired girl smiled to herself, turning on her heel and running to her mother who was occupied on her phone.

Before you could even mutter the word, "Defenestration," Taehyung was by his friends side.

"Kook, what happened? Are- are you okay?" The latter nodded hesitantly, "That, that bit- brat tripped me-"

Taehyung's frown deepened, he grabbed his hyung's wrist and scanned it warily.

"Tae, it's okay, I'll go tell my mum." The brunet pursed his lips, licking them then tracing Jungkook's wrist with his thumb.

The older stared in awe, furrowing his brows at Taehyung's incomprehensible facial expression.

What he did was unexpected but not unwanted at all.

Taehyung brought Jungkook's hand up to his pretty lips, kissing his wrist gently.

"I hope that makes it better."

Maybe if you did it one more time.