🌟Chapter 26: Popping The Question🌟

{SPECIAL CHAPTER}

Taehyung was feeling a little upset lately, even if that was a usual feeling he'd get every now and then, he knew the reason for this lingering sadness. Jungkook was basically ignoring him. No matter what he tried, Jungkook didn't take notice of him. Nothing he did was giving Jungkook the hint that he felt lonely, isolated and low-spirited. 

Whenever he tried to give Jungkook a kiss or hug, the other would comply, but would rush it and immediately leave to the study where he'd get on the laptop and never let Taehyung see what he was doing. Jungkook even put a different passcode on his laptop so that Taehyung wouldn't see. It made Taehyung jump to conclusions, he did that quite a bit. Maybe he was cheating on him? Or maybe showing signs that he wants to breakup? Maybe karma is just hitting Tae in the butt for when he hurt Jungkook.

Gosh, why now? Taehyung was finally so happy. The suspicion was getting to Taehyung and he wanted to confront Jungkook, but he was scared he'd only hurt their relationship more. So, eventually, he decided to shut up about it and try to show Jungkook more and more affection, maybe that would make him give in. 

So that day, when Jungkook came home from work, Taehyung greeted him with a huge kiss, hugging him, hoping Jungkook would do something back. But all the other did was smile and pat Taehyung's head, putting his bag on the side, "Taehyung, I'm not really hungry, don't make me any food, okay?" Taehyung nodded hesitantly, "Are you sure?" Jungkook nodded, quickly going into the bedroom to change and take a shower, only to go into the study. As usual.

Jungkook closed the study door, leaving Taehyung to sit on the sofa sadly. The brunette suddenly lost his appetite, so he stayed hungry that night too. Taehyung admits, he cried a little, but he was sure to text Jimin so the other would cheer him up. And Jimin did in fact do the trick, so Tae was in a happier mood after, that's for sure.

When it was around 1am, Taehyung decided to get some sleep, he opened the study door to check on Jungkook, to see the computer off and Jungkook asleep on the desk. The ravenette looked so tired and fatigued, Taehyung frowned softly, letting his hand slide off the end of the door knob as he slowly took soft steps, making his way over to Jungkook. 

"Kookie, come on...you should get some sleep." A low whine was heard from Jungkook as he opened his eyes, only to let them close due to the heaviness and his lack of energy. Taehyung pouted, running his hand up and down Jungkook's back and soon giving him a hug, smiling sadly. 

Taehyung lifted Jungkook off the desk, making sure not to hurt him. "Jungkookie..." Jungkook's eyes fluttered open and he looked up at Taehyung, he seemed so exhausted. Taehyung sighed, taking Jungkook's hand in his and getting him up. Jungkook gave in, going to the bedroom and listening to Taehyung's every soft call and order, brushing his teeth and changing, letting Taehyung put him into bed. 

Taehyung brushed his teeth himself, already changed, he got into the other side of the bed, faced away from Jungkook, thinking to himself noiselessly when he felt Jungkook's arms wrap around him, and a gentle kiss to his head was felt too.

He smiled tranquilly and put his hand on the others, letting the other pull him into a safe haven. Taehyung felt so secure and safe in Jungkook's tight, strong and caring embrace. It was definitely a change to how Jungkook's been acting recently. 

Sadly, the next day, Jungkook ignored him, going to the study and making sure he didn't fall asleep. When Taehyung went to check on him, Jungkook switched the window on his computer screen and turned around, staring at the fragile and dejected boy. "Yeah?" Taehyung pursed his lips, turning them into a frown right after he let go of the door knob. "Just...just checking on you. Make sure to get some sleep...Be safe, okay?"