Chapter 20.5: I'll Hold Your Hand

Taehyung gulped, watching as Jungkook stepped away, "Jungkook..." Jimin's smile slowly faltered, he knew Taehyung still had feelings for Jungkook. Who wouldn't notice? Only Taehyung and Jungkook wouldn't. 

"Jimin, let's do this in private, yeah?" Jimin nods, jumping off the table, he walks over to Taehyung, already accepting rejection in his mind. Jungkook side eyes them, hiding his pout and putting his cup on the table, "Should...I go?" Taehyung nods slowly. The ravenette bites his lip, letting his hair cover his eyes and leaving the area.

"Taehyung, before anything..Don't use me to get over Jungkook, okay? I know you still love him and...I'll accept, heck, I'll hold your hand through it if you want him back." Taehyung's heart flutters at Jimin's meaningful words, he smiles slightly, hugging Jimin. "Jimin, you're such an amazing person. I couldn't ask for a more understanding person." Jimin blushes, hugging him back. "Can...I... have one kiss though? It's okay if not, I just kinda...wanna see what it'd be like to kiss you..if that makes sense?" Taehyung looked at Jungkook and took Jimin's hand, taking him to a bathroom and making sure nobody could see them.

"...Mmm, okay. Only one." Jimin smiled, "Are you sure?" Taehyung nodded, going a bit red when Jimin cupped his cheek. 

Jimin slowly leaned in, his eyes fluttering closed, Taehyung's too. Taehyung moved backwards, leaning on the sink and letting Jimin hold his waist. Their soft lips soon touched and sent a rushing feeling to Jimin's heart. 

While the kiss, Jimin mentally sighed, why am I making this harder for myself?

Taehyung let his hands wrap around Jimin's neck, enjoying the kiss. 

When they pulled apart, Jimin had flushed cheeks and Taehyung seemed very shy. "T-that was nice...Thank you, Taehyung. We'll still be able to be friends, right?" Taehyung showed off his boxy smile, "Of course, Minnie." Jimin hugged him, leaving the bathroom and sighing to himself. 

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

Taehyung came out of the bathroom after, quickly grabbing a cup of alcohol and going back to his corner. Jungkook approached him timidly, taking a cup of alcohol and edging closer to Taehyung.

"Hey...did you accept?" Taehyung smiled, "Nope."

Jungkook tried to hide his smile, he looked at Taehyung's side profile, admiring it. "Why did you say no?" The brunette looked at Jungkook, now facing each other, "Feelings just weren't reciprocated, and I can't seem to move on from a certain someone." He muttered the last words quietly, hoping Jungkook wouldn't here him. But he did.

"Who's that certain someone, hm?" Jungkook smirked, laying his head on Tae's shoulder, them being around the same height, it made it all the more comfortable.

"Someone you know very well." Taehyung turned a light red, sipping on more alcohol. Jungkook smiled his bunny smile, "You know, I've been...working on becoming less possessive." Taehyung laughed, "You have?" Jungkook 'Mhm'ed' causing Taehyung to coo. "Hey, don't coo at me when you're more adorable than I am." Taehyung raised a brow, "Lies." Jungkook chuckled, "Sure." 

Taehyung moved, causing Jungkook to lift his head, thinking Taehyung's uncomfortable, he looked to his front, embarrassed. Taehyung smiled slightly and viewed his side profile himself, leaning in and giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

Jungkook widened his eyes and gawked at Taehyung, his confused expression soon turning to one of happiness.

I'm starting to regret our breakup.