Chapter 35: My Next Vincent van Gogh

A swift brush against a blank, paper white canvas and the paint was smeared gracefully, desperately trying to depict an image that would catch the eye under any circumstances, which it wasn't exactly failing to do. A pink tongue swept over dry lips as their lone hand swept through their own hair, trying to search for a way that would comfort the bubbling vexation in their gut. 

An exasperated sigh, "It doesn't look right." Doe eyes landed on the exquisite painting, a smile growing on his adorable features, "What do you mwean, Jungkookie? Thwat's amwazing!" Jungkook's 5-year-old son nudged him, wiggling his brows, "You should show it to Taehyungie, he will lwove it!" 

The ravenette raised a brow, pursing his lips and promptly sweeping his paintbrush across a different hue of blue, "You think it does him justice?" Kyong stared at him, blinking in question and letting his lips part in confusion, Jungkook chuckled in amusement, "What I said means...do you think it looks like him?" Their blond son nodded vigorously, "Just make it prwettier." 

Jungkook smiled sweetly, staring at the painting with a look of deliberation sketched on his face, "Mm, Kyu, Taehyungie is too pretty to draw or paint, just like you and Neul-sang are." Kyong fluttered his lashes, "I alweady knew I was too prwetty, but Nweulie too? I dunno abwout thwat..." The ravenette shook his head and laughed, "Be nice to your sister, she's just as beautiful as you are, now, can you go call Neulie and Tae for me?" 

Kyong giggled before rushing inside, leaving Jungkook outside in the garden to be fully engrossed in his work and finish touching it up. 

A few minutes later and their son was dragging Taehyung to the outside world with a 9-year-old Neul-sang following behind eagerly. The little girl clapped her hands while skipping and passing Taehyung, "What did Kookie do? Did he buy us something?" Kyong shook his head, "Bwetter than that!" 

Jungkook peeked to the side, smiling giddily and putting his used paintbrush away and breathing in nervously, feeling highly strung about showing the love of his life a painting of him. 

Taehyung approached Jungkook, going to his side and smiling widely, along with Neul-sang "What did you want to show- Holy sh- shoot Jungkook..."  Neul-sang sighed, "Oh, that's pretty good." Jungkook frowned at her lack of reaction, letting her skip off to Kyong. 

The latter bit his lip harshly, fiddling with his jeans and staring up at his husbands expression, "Do...you like it?" The brunet stared at it, dazed, he finally collected his composure and his befuddled face broke into a huge grin, "Jungkook, wow...you're so...talented. How did you manage? Oh...my...Oh my God. I'm amazed-"

Jungkook showed an expression of elation and delight, "Really? D-do...do you want it?" Taehyung deadpanned for a second before laughing lightly, "Do I want it? No, I need it-" The ravenette smiled dreamily, observing as Neul-sang and Kyong highfived and ran inside, glancing back at the canvas, his content gaze turned into one of regret and dejection.

"Koo...What's wrong?" The latter shook his head hesitantly, "Nothing." Taehyung took a seat on the others lap, tracing his fingers across his cheek and connecting their foreheads, "Comeeee onnn, tell me." 

Jungkook closed his eyes and smiled softly, nuzzling their foreheads for a bit, "It's...just..my dream was to become a painter, I've told you when we were kids, I really wanted to pursue art, but here I am now, a professor who hates his job. I did...I did it because I knew we'd need money, and if I tried becoming a painter, I'd surely fail and lose a lot of money, which would basically make us bankrupt at some point. I'm sorry. Don't feel guilty please." 

Taehyung's once content expression turned into a sour one as his calloused finger abruptly stopped outlining Jungkook's soft skin.

"Jungkook..."

The aforementioned's eyes fluttered open, showing onyx orbs overflowing with regrets and desires.

"Mmm?"

"Let's make you the next Vincent van Gogh, my next Vincent van Gogh."

...

"R-really?"

--------------------------------------------------------------