Chapter 18 : I am not your puppet!

It was 4 in the evening when it started to rain heavily. The last period of the day ended and we walked out of the school building together. I decided to call Mia to pick me up from school so that I wouldn't be troubling Adam to drop me off at my house.

"You guys go ahead. I wanna call Mia and ask her to come pick me up." I said to both of them.

"Are you sure?" Adam asked and I nodded.

"Alright. Goodbye, Camila. I'll see you again tomorrow." Derin pulled me into a hug.

"See you guys later." I smiled.

"Okay." they both said and left.

I dug out my phone from my pocket and dialled Mia's number. She didn't pick up on the first ring. I called her again and she finally picked up.

"Finally." I sighed when she picked up.

"Sorry, little sis. I'm still in class." she said. Wait! Still in class? Does that mean she can't pick me up?

"It's okay. Can you come pick me up?" I asked.

"I can't. I'm so sorry. The class is not gonna be over for another 30 minutes." she said. Oh no! It was raining out here and she chose today out of all days to not come pick me up.

I rushed to the parking lot to see if Adam was still here but his car was already gone. Crap! Now what?

"Camila? Are you still there?" Mia asked. I completely forgot that I was still on the phone with her.

"Adam has already left. Who's gonna be picking me up then?" I sighed.

"I'm so sorry. I can't pick you up now." she apologised once more and I finally gave up.

"Fine. I'll walk then." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm very sorry." she said.

"It's okay." I said, trying to soothe her and hung up.

It looks like I'm gonna be walking home half an hour soaking wet. That's just great. You should have let Adam send you home. Stupid! I thought to myself and started walking.

After I walked past the school gate, a black BMW suddenly pulled up next to me and I saw Justin was in the driver's seat. Oh my God! Not him again! What could be worst?

"Camila. What are you doing out here in the rain? Get in the car!" he demanded. Who are you? My father? I thought and kept walking.

"Camila! Don't be an idiot. Get in the car or you're gonna catch a cold." he persuaded while slowing down his car. I pretended that I didn't hear him and kept on going.

"Alright. I've had it with this shit!" I heard the car door opened and he got out of his car. I struggled to pick up the pace and walked as fast as I could. I felt my arm being pulled and I jerk it away.

"Don't touch me!" I turned to face him.

"Camila, please. Let's just get in the car, okay?" he pointed towards his car.

"No. I'd rather walk than getting in that car with you." I said and continued walking but he pulled my arm once again. He didn't let go when I yanked it this time.

"Let go, Justin!" I yelled while yanking my arm but it was useless.

"Get in the car, Camila." he demanded again. Okay. That does it! I yanked my arm even harder this time and he let go. I pushed him away from me.

"Camila. I..." he tried to say something but I cut him off.

"No! I'm not your puppet, Justin! Why can't you just leave me alone? I hate you! Don't you get it? I hate you! I don't wanna see your face anymore!" I yelled and bursted into tears without even realizing it.

He didn't say anything after I yelled at him. He just continued to look at me with his eyes filled with desperation and sadness. He was soaking wet as well for arguing with me in rain for too long but I didn't think he cared about it at all.

I turned around and kept on walking. He didn't try to grab me or follow me this time. He just let me go. I probably had hurt him with my harsh words but who cares? I tried to shake all of those negative thoughts from my head. Remember, Camila. You have to be selfish this time. Period!