Chapter 59 : What is Islam?

Hello everyone! 👋🏻
I want you guys to know that I really enjoy reading your lovely comments and some of them are very funny 🌈
Don't forget to leave your comments! 💙

"Hey honey. How's your day going?" my mom approached me and kissed me on my forehead.

"Great. I'm tired. I think I'm gonna go upstairs and take a shower." I tried to avoid her before she could see the expression on my face.

"Alright. Do you want me to bring you anything?" she asked when I almost reached my room.

"No thanks." I said and shut the door.

I laid my small body on the bed and closed my eyes. This is all messed up. Their mother and son relationship will definitely be ruined if we're still gonna be together. I don't want that to happen. Nothing could ever come between a mother and their children. What should I do?

I heard my phone buzzing in my pocket. I dug it out and saw an incoming call from Justin. I was battling for a few seconds whether or not to pick up but I gave in eventually.

"Oh, I thought you wouldn't pick up my call." he was clearly surprised that I picked up his call.

"Hmmm..." I hummed.

"Are you in your room?" he asked.

"Yea. Why?"

"Nothing. Maybe you should get some sleep. You know? After what happened earlier." he suggested. What's with him trying to put me in bed after an argument?

"Later." I said and we shared a few moments of silence before the thought of him seeing his mother after the messed up scene back there came through my mind.

"Where are you now? Did you go home?" I asked.

"No. I wasn't ready to face her yet. I'll be staying at Steve's for tonight." he said.

"Oh, are you gonna be okay with your mom?" I asked, obviously being paranoid if anything bad happens between them.

"Don't worry. I'll be alright." his tone was pretty reassuring.

"Okay. Be safe." I whispered.

"I will. I'll call you again later. I love you." the sweetness in his voice every time he declares his love for me oozed through the phone.

"Sure. I love you too." I grinned before hanging up.

After I hung up, I placed my phone on the bedside table and went straight into the bathroom to take a shower. I blew dry my hair off and got dressed then performed Zuhr prayer. I laid back on the bed and before I knew it, I was drifted off to sleep.

Justin's POV

After I ended my phone call with Camila, I've decided to go for a ride in the city. I'm definitely not gonna go back home yet.

If I do, she is gonna be begging me to do something stupid like breaking up with Camila and turn me back into my old self. Fuck off! I'm not going back to who I was in the past. Camila means the world to me and I'll do anything to keep her happy.

I arrived at the city and try to find somewhere to park my car then I went for a stroll around the city until I spotted a bookstore. I've decided to stop by and look around.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of reading fan fictions but I don't hate it either. Sometimes I would buy myself a good book just to keep my mind off of something that I honestly don't care about. Well, at least I'm not one of those boys who owns a girlie magazine under his bed.

I entered the store and started wandered the aisles. I was looking through every shelves then suddenly stopped at the shelves with the sign 'The Knowledge Of Islam'.

I began scanning my surroundings and even I knew that no one was here, I was still feeling self-conscious standing in the Muslims section looking at the rows of books on the shelves. The books were about the introduction to Islam, Islamic beliefs and practices and also about the Quran.

I spotted one that instantly caught my attention. I pulled the book off the shelf and read the title out loud, it said 'Islam : The Straight Path'. I opened the book and flipped through the pages rapidly before someone caught a white boy reading a book about Islam.

To be honest, I was pretty curious about Islam. The way the religion forbids her from doing something actually had a good reason. That was the main reason why I'd like to know more about Islam but I wouldn't tell her shit yet.

I took the book and held it against my chest. For a moment, I thought to myself that how the hell could I buy this book without the cashier eyeing me like a complete freak. He must be thinking what's a white boy like me would be interested to buy a book about Islam. Crap!

"Who gives a shit anyway?" I whispered quietly to myself before making my way towards the counter.

I dropped the book on it and the male cashier with the round glasses behind the counter was frowning at me like I've grown two heads. I tried my best to look away and he scanned the book using the price scanner. He put the book in a plastic bag, handed it over to me and I paid it with my credit card.

I got out of the store and glanced at my clock. It was already 5 p.m. which indicated that I've been strolling around the city for hours without noticing it.

I headed towards the parking lot, dug out my keys and climbed into the driver's seat. I placed the plastic bag in the passenger's seat and started the engine.

There is only one place left for me to go and the answer is Steve's house. The journey from the city to his house took a 30-minute drive. I finally reached his house at 5.45 p.m.

I figured that I should give him a call first to inform him that I'll be staying at his house for tonight but cancelled the plan. What? It's just for tonight. Steve is my bestfriend. He wouldn't beat the hell out of me for staying at his house.

I parked my car in the driveway and hid the plastic bag under the passenger's seat just in case. I got out and headed straight towards the front door.

I knocked on the door a couple of times and waited for someone to open it. I wouldn't want to storm into his house like an asshole I was in the past.

A few seconds later, Steve opened the door with a 'What are you doing here' look on his face. A few wrinkles appeared on his forehead and his eyebrows were raised and curved. He was about to open his mouth to say something but didn't dare to say it.

"What are you doing here, man?" I asked for him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yea. What are you doing here?" he kept his tone low.

"It's a long story." I responded awkwardly.

"Okay..." he trailed off with a set of frown.

"Can I stay here for tonight?" I asked, trying to keep my usual arrogant expression and rubbed the humiliation off of my damn face.

"Of course, man." he smiled.

"Come in." he added and led me into his house.

"Thanks, man. I owe you." I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Don't mention it."