Chapter 30 : The letter 'J'?!

"Camila. I know that it is hard for you to trust me but just hear me out, okay?" he sighed.

"Sorry." I nodded and bit my lip.

"You're biting your lip again." he looked down at my lip and I looked away.

"I really wanted to give this necklace to you but I'm not gonna ask you to wear it now."

"What do you mean?" I turned back to face him.

"You can wear it when you're ready."

"Ready for what?" I raised both of my eyebrows.

"It doesn't matter what it's called." he ran his fingers through his hair once again. What is this? It's insane and full of chaos. I didn't expect to end up like this when I agreed to meet him here.

"I thought you didn't do this girlfriend thing." I asked.

"How do you know that?"

"Errr...You said that you've never had someone to actually call her your girlfriend, right?" I asked for confirmation.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot that I've told you that."

"Sure." I rolled my eyes.

"It's true. I've never appreciate any girl in my life and never treat them the way they supposed to be treated. I was a jerk and I know that, Camila." he sighed in frustration.

"But for once in my life...I actually wanted this to work. With you." his blue eyes met mine.

I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. His eyes were so intense. In his eyes was his humanity, the person that he really was. The blue eyes of his reflected the flame of guilt, shame and fear. There was something about that gaze of his that I would never find in another boy, as if in that moment our souls have made a bridge. It was so mesmerising.

"I'll tell you what, why don't you just keep this necklace with you?" he handed me the velvet box and hesitated to take it.

"Go on." he encouraged and I took it.

"What if the time never comes?" I asked, hopefully that he would understand what I mean.

"I'll be waiting for you no matter what." he smiled.

"Seriously?" I whispered.

"I'm serious." his eyes were calm.

"Jesus! I can't believe I'm actually doing this shit." he placed his hand on his forehead and I tried not to giggle.

"Can you do me a favour?" he asked.

"What is it?"

"Can you tell me when you started to wear it because I won't be able to see it under your scarf?" he joked and we both bursted out laughing.

"I sure will!" I smiled.

"Anyway, what's with the letter 'J' for the locket?" I asked when I looked at the necklace that was placed perfectly in the box.

"What do you mean?"

"For you information, Mr. Walker, my name Camila started with the letter 'C' and not the letter 'J'." I said proudly.

"Oh, no! No! The letter 'J' right there stands for Justin." he smirked.

"What does that mean?"

"It's a sign that you're mine when you're wearing it." he winked at me. God! I wished I didn't see that one.

"I see." I said, eyeing the necklace carefully.

"Hey. Why did you decide to give this to me today?" I questioned. It's like he knows that today is my birthday. That's impossible!

"Well...Happy Birthday!" he threw his hands in the air. Crap! He knows that today is my birthday. How?

"What? How did you know that today is my birthday?" my eyes grew wider.

"About that...I bumped into Adam at the mall yesterday. I saw him looking for something in a gift shop and decided to apologise for punching him in the face the other day. I asked him what he was doing in a gift shop and he said that he was looking for something since today is your birthday." he explained.

"You apologise to him? Wow! That's new." I smirked.

"I told you that I've changed, babe." he said in an arrogant kind of way. He called me babe? What's up with that? I'm not even his. Yet!

"What's with the babe?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Nothing." he tried to drop the subject. He's still arrogant despite all of this.

"Whatever, Mr. Arrogant!" I mumbled to myself.

"Did you say something?" he asked.

"Nope." I lied and shook my head.

"I should go now." I excused myself from him after taking a glance at my watch. I've been here for almost an hour and a half. Shit! I hope they're not gonna be wondering why it took me so long to meet a friend at the park.

"Of course." he nodded and stood up. We said our goodbyes and went our separate ways. He waited for me to vanish from his sight before getting into his car like he always did. What a familiar Justin Walker way!