Chapter 48 : My safe haven

Justin's POV

I grabbed Camila by her arm to stop her but she immediately yanked it away and I let her go.

I was calling and begging for her to stop but she wouldn't listen. She was running towards the the women's restroom. I ran after her but couldn't keep up with her as she stormed into the restroom.

"Camila? Are you in there? Can you please open the door for me?" I called to her while banging on the door with my fists. I pushed the handle but it wouldn't budge. She must have locked the door. Damn it!

"Go away!" she shouted through the door.

"C'mon baby. Please don't be like this. Can't you just talk to me?" I practically begged in a desperate attempt to make sure that she's okay.

"No!" she shouted once more.

"I'm not going anywhere until I know that you're okay." I said.

"No! Leave me alone! I don't wanna see you." she screamed and the desperation for me to leave her alone oozed through the door. Should I continue to push her? Or maybe I should give her some room for her to cool down? Yeah! That's right.

I looked around and saw a small bench not far from the restroom. If she opens the door, I will be able to see her from there. I walked towards it and sat down.

"What have I done?" I whispered quietly to myself, putting my head in my hands.

Damn Ashley Wilson for insulting and patronising my girlfriend! Damn myself for not being able to save her just in time! Fuck! She should be thankful that she's a girl. If she's a boy, I wouldn't have a second thought to punch her in the face. Damn it!

*When you're beginning to love her, she's gonna be your priority one day*

Steve's words kept repeating itself in my damn head. He's right. If I'm starting to love her, I'm gonna have to make her as my first priority. I'll always have to be there for her no matter what. I'm the one who's supposed to be protecting her from the world.

Camila's POV

I was crying in here for almost 15 minutes and I didn't hear Justin's voice calling me anymore. I assumed that he was already gone.

I stood up slowly and walked towards the mirror to look at myself. My eyes were swollen and sore from crying. It was a good thing that I didn't wear too much make up today or else I'd be looking like a freaking clown right now.

I was staring at myself in the mirror and her words started playing through my mind. It does stings. Who am I kidding? She's right. I shouldn't be involved in this relationship with Justin. We're nothing in common.

If we're gonna continue this relationship, more people will interfere and I'm gonna be the one who's hurt maybe end up crying in here again. I can't do this anymore. Wake up and smell the reality. You have to know your position, Camila! This will never gonna work between me and Justin.

I took out a packet of tissue from my pocket and used it to fix up my make up a little bit. Thank God it worked!

I stole a glance at myself in the mirror one last time before opening the door. I got out and saw Justin sitting on a bench with his head in his hands.

I tried to sneak past him but he noticed my presence before I got the change to run away again.

"Camila? I was so worried about you. Are you okay? Please talk to me." he approached me with a sad frown on his face.

"Justin." I said, putting one finger in the air for him to stop talking and he did.

"Ashley was right. I should have known my position before making the most stupid decision in my life. Don't you see? We're not compatible for each other." I clarified and felt the tears rolling down my cheeks once again.

"Camila, please. We can work this out. I don't give a shit about what they're talking about us. It's you that I wanted to be with and not them." he pleaded, his eyes were filled with sadness and frustration.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't there just in time before that whore came out of nowhere and insulted you."

"Just leave me alone." I pushed past him but he grabbed my arm once more and I was struggling hard to release myself from his grip.

"Let go of me!" I yanked my arm as hard as I could but he didn't even budge.

"I'm not gonna let you go this time." he said and I avoided eye contact.

"Camila." he breathed out my name.

"Can you please look at me?" he whispered, his fingers gently caressing the bottom of my chin and lifted my chin up with his index finger.

"I love you, Camila." his voice was low and I was forced to look at him as his finger was under my chin.

"I wouldn't want to spend my life with anyone else other than you. I wanted to protect you and fight for you. You're the only thing that matters to me, Camila." he said, meaning every word.

"Justin, I..." he shhh me before I could even say what I wanted to say.

"I promise you. There's no safer place in the world than here with me."

He was staring into my eyes and I hold his anxious, burning gaze for a moment or maybe it was forever.

My whole body completely stunned at that time until I couldn't even move a muscle. Who knows the rude and arrogant Justin Walker who was filled with hatred towards Muslims would be so protective towards me?

"Please say something." he practically begged.

I actually didn't know what I'm supposed to say to him. His promising eyes really made me want to believe in him somehow.

"Thank you for defending me." I kept my voice low.

"You don't have to thank me. You're my girlfriend. It's my job to protect to you, Camila." he said, meaning it and I nodded slowly.

Justin was looking at me with a frown on his face probably because I was still gasping for air at this moment and I couldn't even talk much. That's for sure.

"Do you want me to send you home?" he offered and I wouldn't say no because that's the only place that I wanted to be right now.

"Please take me home." I pleaded.

"Okay. Let's go." he dug out the car keys from his pocket.

"And you don't have to worry about skipping classes for today. I'll let the teachers know that you're unwell, okay?"

"Okay." I forced a smile on my face.