Chapter 27 : Establishing her trust

Justin's POV

The Clark's Mall was one big ass shopping mall. It was so crowded in there. A moving platform ran along all the walkways in both directions just like in the airports. There was a shuttle service from the far ends of the car parks to the entrance and food outlets were scattered throughout instead of being on one courtyard. There were professional shopping guides smiling at every entrance, always ready for more business. Damn it! I fucking hate this!

When I was walking and wandering around the gigantic mall, I came across an exclusive jewellery store. I decided to check it out as I wouldn't worry about the money because I could practically afford the whole damn store.

I entered the store that was made out of metal and stainless steel with glass jewellery display cabinets to look for something interesting for Camila. I've never done this shit and I didn't even know what to look for. I was completely lost in that luxurious store.

"Can I help you, sir?" a blonde shopping guide suddenly approached me. She was probably wondering why I seemed so lost in here. Way to go Justin!

"Yea. I'm looking for a gift for my..." I paused, trying to find the right word for Camila. I mean she's not my girlfriend, yet.

"Girlfriend?" she proposed. Oh my fucking God! That was not the word that I expected but I tried my best to keep my mouth shut and go on with it.

"Girlfriend. Yea. That's it. Do you have any suggestions?" I tried to drop the subject.

"Sure. Please come with me, sir." she demanded, leading me towards the aisle that both side of the shelves were arranged with expensive necklaces and bracelets.

"Maybe you'll find something you like here." she suggested and I thanked her.

I was eyeing through every necklaces that were displayed on the shelves and one of them caught my eye. I bent over at a necklace with the letter 'J' for the locket that was made out of white gold. Holy cow! I've found it!

"This is perfect!" I smiled, holding out the exquisite necklace towards the shopping guide.

"Very good, sir." she nodded.

"I'll take that and you can wait by the counter, sir." she said politely and I handed her the necklace.

A few minutes later, she came back with a velvet jewellery box in her hands. She placed it onto the counter and opened it for me to see. The necklace was proudly displayed in it.

"Nice." I said.

The shopping guide took the box and put it into a bag and gave it to me. I took out my credit card to pay for it and made my way out of the store.

"Gift? Checked." I whispered silently to myself.

***************

I finally got home after an exhausting day at the mall. I grabbed the bag and got out of the car. I unlocked the door and went inside. I dropped my car keys on the table and saw a note from my mom.

I'm going out some friends. I'll be back soon, dear.
- Mom

"Yea, mom." I sighed and went upstairs to my room.

I dropped the bag on my bed and dug out my phone out of the pocket. I've missed Camila all day. This school weekend really sucks as I can't meet up and tease her. I've decided to send her a text just to piss her off and of course to check what she's up to.

Hey! What's up? Did you miss me? ;)
- Justin

I dropped my phone beside me and took out the box from the bag. I opened it to see the necklace for one last time before placing it carefully in the drawer. I wouldn't want my mom to find it in my room. That's just suicide!

I heard my phone buzzing beside me a few minutes later. Gee. She was fast! I unlocked it to read her text.

Dream on. I don't miss you at all. Don't flatter yourself! 😒

Although I couldn't see her face through the phone, I could definitely imagine that she was rolling her eyes when she read my text. It's just getting better and better!

I really missed her so much. I wished I could see her tomorrow. Yeah! Why didn't I think of that? I can ask her to meet me at the park first thing in the morning. The Sakarya Park tomorrow morning. That sounds nice. I thought to myself.

Sure. I was wondering if perhaps you can meet me at the Sakarya Park tomorrow morning.
- Justin

The only reason why I chose to meet her at the Sakarya Park was because her house was only a 10-minute walk to the park. If I offered to give her a ride, she would definitely decline it. That's why it's better I choose some place near her house to meet up.

Why do you want to meet up? Is this some kind of trick? Cause if it is, just forget it will ya? ;)

Oh my fucking God! She's still suspicious with me. I can't say I blame her because I messed up with her so many times. It's just a precaution. On the day she forgave me for my mistakes, I did swear to God that I wouldn't hurt her feelings anymore. Ever!

Anyway...That's a good question. Why do I wanna meet up with her? I better make an excuse for this to work.

I wanted to tell you something. That's all. Care to join me at the park at 9 tomorrow morning?
- Justin

I've decided to go with that for now. Wait! I wanted to tell her something? If I wanted this to work with her, I better tell her about my parents' past. I mean I trust her more than anything. Yeah! I better tell her that tomorrow.

Fine. I'll see you tomorrow.

Great! I can't believe she would meet up with me. I just wanted to establish her trust. That's all.

I can't wait! <3
- Justin

There! Problems solved!