Chapter 26 : Getting an advice from the love expert

Justin's POV

A while later, I spotted him waving his hand at me. He was sitting at a table for two in a cafe. I approached him and sat acrossed from him.

"Why do you wanna see me?" he asked.

"Nothing. I was just bored." I lied. I wanted to talk to him about Camila to be honest. Hell no! I'm not gonna tell him that.

"C'mon, man. I know you're lying." he was being pushy. He was the same as Camila for God sake!

"Are you capable of letting go of your ego for one God damn second and tell me what's going on through your mind?" he added. Damn it! I finally gave in.

"Jesus, man! Okay. I couldn't stop thinking about Camila. There. I said it." I sighed and looked the other way.

"I know you're thinking about her, man. I can see it in your eyes." he smirked.

"Yea right." I rolled my eyes.

"Do you love her?" he asked. That question nearly made me jumped out of my skin.

"No. That's bullshit!" I practically lied but tried to hide it with a laughter.

"Why?"

"It's because we don't go together." I clarified.

"Why? Is it because she's a Muslim and you're not?" he lifted his eyebrows.

"Yea. That's why."

"Justin. If you truly love someone, you wouldn't care about all of that. The important thing is that you wanted to be with her. You gotta fight for something that you love or you'll regret it if you let her slip out of your fingers." he said. Holy shit! Is he a love expert or something? That's just madness.

"Who are you? A love expert?" I teased him, shaking my head in disbelief.

"I'm not a love expert, Justin. I just wanted you to be happy with whatever you decide." he circled the centre of the table with his index finger. See? I told ya that he truly understands me better than anyone else.

"What do you suggest I do, man? I don't do this girlfriend shit." I simplified. It's true. I've never had someone to actually call her my girlfriend. I just went partying with some girls and slept around. That's me.

"Maybe you should start one with her." he suggested. Damn! How can he be so good at this shit?

"I don't know, man. If my mom finds out about her, she'll go ballistic. You know about my parents' past. It just doesn't work that way." I put both of my hands on my head as a sign of frustration. I did tell Steve everything about my parents' past because he's the only one that I trust.

"Do you want an advice from a friend?" he asked, his tone was serious.

"What?"

"You have to fight for her if you truly cared about her. Put aside whatever it is that's not important. When you're beginning to love her, she's gonna be your priority one day. That's why you have to fight for her. Just tell her how you feel. It's not that hard to do it." he said. It's not that hard to do it? I've never come clean with my own feelings. It's easy for him to say. Dick! I thought to myself.

"Thanks, man. I owe you a lot." I stood up from the table and patted his shoulder.

"Don't mention it." he smiled.

After I excused myself from Steve, I began walking towards the entrance to get home when I saw Adam was buying something in a gift shop. Gee. I never apologise for punching him in the face that day. Why is he in a gift shop anyway? I entered the gift shop and slowly approached him from behind.

"Adam?" I called and he turned around.

"Oh, Justin." he seemed surprised.

"I'm not here to make a scene, okay? I just wanted to apologise for punching you the other day. I was a dick. I know that." I threw my hands in the air.

"Yea. It's was nothing." he faked a smile.

"So...Are we good?" I hold out my hand towards him.

"Okay. We're good." he took my hand in his and shook it.

"Cool. And...What are you doing in a gift shop anyway?" I asked, curious of course.

"I was just finding something to give Camila for her birthday." he blurted. What? Birthday? I gotta dig deeper.

"Her birthday? When?" I asked but acting like I didn't care much about it.

"Tomorrow." he said, taking down one of the music boxes from the shelf.

"I see." I nodded.

"Well. I gotta go." I excused myself and left.

I got out of the gift shop and cancelled my desire to go home. That's it! Her birthday is the key to everything. Yeah! I think I'm gonna buy her something special if I wanna keep her.